• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP HELP HELP BABY BOOM

HI ALL IVE BEEN ON HERE A FEW TIMES RECENTLY GOT 2 RABBITS OF OPPOSITE SEX SO SEPPERATED OBVIOUSLY A LIL TO LATE NOW TODAY I GO OU TO CLEAN HUTCH TO FIND A NET WITH VERY JUMPPY LIL BABIES (IS THAT NORMAL QUITE ALOT OF MOVEMENT) AS FAR AS I CAN COUNT THERE IS FOUR BUT MAY BE MORE AS IM SCARED TO MOVE THE NEST TO MUCH

I NEED AS MUCH HELP AS POSSIBLE AND I UNDERSTAND THE THOUGHTS THAT WILL BE GOING THROUGH URE MIND ABOUT BUYING PET SHOP BUNS AND THIS SITUIATION HAPPENING THOUSANDS OF TIMES A YEAR WITH UNEXPECTED LITTERS

IM HAPPY ABOUT THIS BUT ALSO VERY SCARED WHAT DO I NEED TO EXPECT SHOULDI GO AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE AL ALIVE EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE MOVING LIKE MAD

I KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED IS RATHER IRRESPONPONSIBLE ON MY PART FOR BUYING THE RABBITS BUT I DID REMOVE THEM FROM ONE ANOTHER ONCE I BOUGHT THEM AND BECAUSE ITS COLD DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING ELSE AS THERE HUTCHES ARE IN THE GARAGE - BOY BUN HAS NOW BEEN NEUTERED AND IS STILL LIVING ALONE

OMG PLEASE HELP

TRHANKS

Well, you've done the right thing by removing the male from the hutch and having him neutured! He will be able to go back with the female after she has raised her babies!

As to the babies, all you can do for now is to leave Mum to it really! Don't touch the babies as your scent will stay on them and could upset the Mum (she may kill them if she thinks they/her are in danger).

Finally, you must show us your pics as they grow!

Can't offer much advice other than that as I have no experience of babies, but these things do happen, don't beat yourself up over it! Good luck!

Hiya

I fyou need to check the nest rub your hands in mums poo and wee first. Mum should handle them ok but do keep an eye out just in case. if the nest is wriggely thats great, they will go quiet after they've been fed and they wont come from the nest until they are 14 - 21 days old. There eyes open about 10 days and they grow fur from about day 3-4. You can handle the babys just make sure you smell like mum and that mum doesn't mind, non of my females have ever minded me handeling there babys but some females can get annoyed and as anna said if they think the babys are in danger they can either kill them or just leave them and they die.

this is mum and dad

mum is black her name is magic

and dad is called dusty

P2120172.jpg

Awww they're lovely and you have a ready made bunny family :D Good luck with the babies, I hope they make it. I think if mum's doing ok don't interfere, only if there are any problems.

Back