• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Few Questions

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
Ok - I've been saving up my questions: :oops: :lol:

1) you know buns eat their poos - is it normal that buns eat all the other buns poos? :shock: Spice was running round hoovering them all up last night.

2) Any tips on clipping the nails of an extremely aggressive bun? At the minute it's looking like a £50 callout to the vet, to get a £5 nail clip :shock: If you have seen House Of Wax, where that guy is having the hot wax peeled from his face? Well, that is what Calel would like to do to mine :shock: At the minute, i have started feeding him his pellets in a pet carrier, so he sees the carrier & hops in for food. He's extremely clever & hops in at feed time every night. At 11pm. I can't get him in it at any other time :oops: :lol: We have got some kind of relationship a the minute, I'm allowed to give nose rubs & hand feed him veg, but everything is 100% on his terms. i've been chickening out of a fight :oops:

3) Spice is currently having her 3rd phantom pregnancy since her spay almost a year ago (I think :oops: ) She's booked in on Friday for a scan thing, but the vet wasn't sure anything would show up on that, so she might have to be opened up again :( She's a hormonal mess at the min, the other buns seem to be avoiding her :roll: Her stomach is red raw aswell at the minute, & Cracker has tufts of hair missing, which are all in her nest. It's lasted 8 days aswell now. :shock: Anywway are phantoms erm "contagious"??? Cos sister Sugar seems to be undergoing a mild one too. All buns in that room are neutered/spayed except Kendra

4) Baby bun Kendra is now 5 months old. Her brothers were neutered at 4 months. She's not behaving hormonally - she gets on with everyone, & she's TINY!! Smaller than the baby buns in P@H. Sooo should I just leave her a few more months to get her spayed? All buns she lives with are neutered/spayed although one of them is Spice :roll: .

Right I'm done :D

WOW Angie loads of Questions!!

The poo thing i have found quite common with my lot, they tend to eat each others and i have never figured out why!!

The aggressive bun!!! I have found the easiest way to cut Max's nails is by wrapping him in a towel! it's the only way i can do it without getting eaten!

Phantom bun i have no idea! But little Kendra i think i would leave for a wee while yet XXX

I’ve got a few that eat the occasionally piece of hard poo but I can’t say any of them do it a lot! :lol:

How about you get somebody to hold Calel while you clip his nails? He wont be able to bite if somebody is restraining him. I could come and help you over the weekend and pick Teddy and the two free-add girls up at the same time. Can’t believe I’ve just offered to help you cut the nails on a bun that ripped your hand open! :shock: :lol:

No idea re the phantom pregnancies as I’ve never had a doe do it spayed or un-spayed.

I can’t see any problem leaving Kendra a few more months to mature. I left a buck until he was a year old before neutering, as he was so tiny. :wink:

Louise

Thanks guys.

Louise I might take you up on that!! Gonna do some experiments tonight, holding him etc - really pee him off & see what happens :lol:

BirdieBun said:
aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha Spice is the bunny poo hoover - NICE!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

It's really gross to watch. She was trying to stick her head up Rosie ass last night. Rosie looked a tad surprised :lol:

The wrapping in a towel is a good idea- thats what I used to do with Hann.

Id put part of the towel loosely over his head and poke each paw out at a time.

This is also what I do with Audrey when she needs her foot cream applying as she likes to show me how much she doesnt appreciate it by biting me :lol:

Angie65 said:
BirdieBun said:
aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha Spice is the bunny poo hoover - NICE!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

It's really gross to watch. She was trying to stick her head up Rosie ass last night. Rosie looked a tad surprised :lol:

aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahha you put it all so politely hun! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Angie65 said:
BirdieBun said:

Jasper does that to Clio! :shock: Strange rabbits :lol:

That baby bun is 5 months?! :shock: She only looked about 8 weeks bless her! I'd be too scared to take her for spaying now :oops: :lol: So yeah, wait a few months... won't do any harm will it?

My bunny Goofball is very aggressive on the nail cutting too. More so than the past rabbits I have. The previous nail cut is okay, but the one I just did, there is tear drop from her eyes, when I hold her for too long to cut the nail. I have experience doing this simple task for 8 yr., there is no blood, the towel is holding her nice and tight, she is just afraid of the nail cutting.

Your best bet is to do it yourself, as the bunny is closer to you than to a stranger cutting his nail. Psychologically would make things worse. One simple trick is to cut each paw per day, so you break down a 1 day job to 4 days.

As to Kendra, feed her to a good body size. The 80% uterus cancer rate will kicks in at the 2 yr. period. That's why most of us do the surgery in the 4 - 6 mth. period. But rabbit grows fast, check her out on the 6th mth. and see if she gains any weights.

By the way, you watch that Paris Hilton movie? You didn't pay for it, did you? :lol:

Angie if you do wrap him i na towel make sure you cover his head aswell..unlike most buns that struggle where you leave their head out...then if he bites he will only get a mouthful of cotton!
Good luck and can Louise's hubby go to to take pics! :lol:

Baxter our lab pup follows the rabbits around waiting for them to poo so he can hoover :? Pretty gross really!! :lol:

let me know when the nail clipping s taking place Angie ....ill come over with the cam corder and get it on film ....also ive done my first aid so ill be on hand in case of an emergency :thumb: :lol: :lol:

bunnymadhouse said:
let me know when the nail clipping s taking place Angie ....ill come over with the cam corder and get it on film ....also ive done my first aid so ill be on hand in case of an emergency :thumb: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

So your not going to help then Angie?! :shock: :lol:

Back