• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It never rains...

Beany

Alpha Buck
I haven't had to go to the vet's for ages, but took Pickle (my hamster) today as she had an overgrown tooth. I breathed a sigh of relief at the minimal cost of clipping it, thinking I was lucky as it's payday on Friday and we're a bit short....

I got home and thought Beany was sleeping as her eyes were closed, but she was still like it a while later, so I picked her up and her one eye is all gungy :(

Looks like we'll be back at the vet's tomorrow.... :roll:

Aww .. Poor Beany, I hope her eyes ok. I guess it's good that neither of the vet trips sound too serious though .. :) X

ahh - poor bun..

If you try to look at the whites of her is it red? She might have 'walked into' something... or she may have pasturella...

Hi Kelly,
Sorry to hear about Beany. She may have just got a hayseed or something in it - have you checked to see if anything is sticking out anywhere? One of my babies got a hay seed well stuck through her eyelid last night, just like a fish hook :? I thought that was going to need surgery, but it came out this morning just before we left for the vets 8) Otherwise it could be an infection or a sign that her teeth or gums need attention.

Back