• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Catflap!

norrielian

Mama Doe
How long did it take your buns to work out how to use a catflap! I made a hole in garage wall but let them go through that for a week so they knew it goes outside, then fitted catflap yesterday and they couldn't work it out! I've had to leave them inside today just in case they got into the run but couldn't get back inside :lol: :lol:

I had two rabbits who never worked out to push the flap - I had to tie it open for them. My two now took just one trip through each way (with me pushing them through) to get the idea.....

Am having the same problem! Installed one on Sat and they won't go out to their run - even with it propped open! :(

Jonny said:
Am having the same problem! Installed one on Sat and they won't go out to their run - even with it propped open! :(

:lol: Shouldn't laugh, I have sympathy! Mine nudge it but won't take that final leep!

My two wouldn't use it for weeks - I had it propped open so they got used to the way in and out.

They finally clicked how to push it open when i was trying to catch them to go to the vets for their vacs. They learned quickly that night!!

Keep it propped up for now - they'll soon learn where they have to go if they want some fresh air!

Well, you'll be glad to know I think I cracked it last night!

The two f's worked, food and force :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back