• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frida spaying - delayed

I had booked in Frida today to be spayed - however due to a skiving colleague i have to work tomorrow (had booked a day off).

Dont want to leave my baby by herself once she's been done so now she's being spayed after Xmas - Rebecca is away all next week and i dont trust any other vet near my bunnies! And i dont want to get her done just before Xmas in case she chews her stitches out and i end up needing the emergency vet on Xmas Eve.

Part of me is secretly pleased (that sounds awful i know) as she is so young and little compared to the others and i hate putting her through it. But now we have Zeb i know i've got to get it done.

On another note though - she has been introduced to Zeb (with a divider) and she was showing off in front of him so i'm hopeful that bonding will go ok.

oh, thats annoying about having to cancel, but at least you can rebook it.

It is very worrying isnt it? xx

im dreading it to be honest - lola & bracken were already done when i got them so i have no experience of females being spayed

when gus was done it was bad enough - he chewed all his stitches out and he jumped from his hidey-hole and knocked the wound and it was really bruised - very traumatic for me! but he didnt notice it, bless him

when i see Frida next to Zeb though, i feel a bit better. i thought she was tiny but she's massive compared to him so i'm sure she'll be ok.

im going to order all her fave treats for afterwards so i can tempt her :)

Back