• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

MJ and Pippa not amused

kayjay

Warren Veteran
The weather's been so awful up here that MJ and Pippa haven't seen outside their shed in over a week. So today it's windy but not raining, so I've put them out, much to their disgust, there were two little faces peering at me in surprise with the wind blowing their hair :lol:

Is it fair to them to insist they go out if they're happy enough in the shed in winter - I kind of think fresh air must be good for them but they seem very happy inside.

Mine are the opposite they insist on sitting out in the wind rather than being in their shed :roll:
I would just leave them to make their own minds up :D

Becca said:
Mine are the opposite they insist on sitting out in the wind rather than being in their shed :roll:

They can't as I don't have the run attached to the shed, so one minute they're dozing in the shed, the next they're bracing themselves against the wind and glaring at me through the kitchen window :lol:

:lol:

Audrey and Rowan had a run outside at the weekend and they seemed to enjoy themselves but came back in after about 10 minutes :lol:

Does the run have a shelter? If not you could leave a carrier or something in there so they've got somewhere to hide if they want to.

kayjay said:
Becca said:

They can't as I don't have the run attached to the shed, so one minute they're dozing in the shed, the next they're bracing themselves against the wind and glaring at me through the kitchen window :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Ahhhh i see.

Mine hate the wind and rain!
They both have been in the shed during all this horrid weather.
Now the cat flap is open all the time so they could get out if they wanted, but no they like it in the shed.

Bless them, I can imagine being hauled out of bed into that would be a bit of a shock! Mine got put in the run Saturday late afternoon just as the wind was getting up and it was starting to rain a bit while I cleaned their hutch out. They weren't bothered though, just munching on the grass. Can't wait to get them in that shed, I hate outdoor cleaning out!

I think a change of scenery does them good! Mine are the same. When I was worried about them getting cold "out there in the shed" I'd normally find them sitting in the run - so obviously not that cold!

Try giving them an hour outside and some sort of shelter see what they think!!

But it is minging weather up here isn't it - our GLASS patio table blew 6ft in the air and landed upside down last night. Glad we were bonding inside!!

some of mine won't come out in this weather and they certainly let you know it to, yet some love this weather and sulk if it gets really bad that I put them back in the shed. MJ & Pippa are just happy being together all snuggly (and who can blame them). To be perfectly honest if they have enough room to play about (which they do then they will be fine.

some of mine won't come out in this weather and they certainly let you know it to, yet some love this weather and sulk if it gets really bad that I put them back in the shed. MJ & Pippa are just happy being together all snuggly (and who can blame them). To be perfectly honest if they have enough room to play about (which they do then they will be fine).

Mad Bunster said:
I think a change of scenery does them good! Mine are the same. When I was worried about them getting cold "out there in the shed" I'd normally find them sitting in the run - so obviously not that cold!

Try giving them an hour outside and some sort of shelter see what they think!!

But it is minging weather up here isn't it - our GLASS patio table blew 6ft in the air and landed upside down last night. Glad we were bonding inside!!

....... awful weather, we live in a village with a river and there's always a risk of flooding and the river is awfully high right now :? and it's still raining

Lovely Lancashire hey?? :lol: :lol:

kayj said:
some of mine won't come out in this weather and they certainly let you know it to, yet some love this weather and sulk if it gets really bad that I put them back in the shed. MJ & Pippa are just happy being together all snuggly (and who can blame them). To be perfectly honest if they have enough room to play about (which they do then they will be fine).

Yeah you're right Kay, they are perfectly happy inside together, suppose it's me that thinks they ought to be outside some of the time. Roll on summer :D

kayjay said:
I've put them out, much to their disgust, there were two little faces peering at me in surprise with the wind blowing their hair :lol

Poor Little Chickens!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

m
xx

Back