• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Evo went funny this morning - not eating breakfast

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
Well, this morning, I let Evo out for a run before his breakfast this morning, and he was fine. He ate a few oats I put down for a treat, and was causing chaos as normal. Then I went to give him his breakfast (SS pellets, he doesn't eat veg).....he was running round my feet, all excited as normal, but when I put the bowl down for him, he turned his nose up at his food and went to sit in his litter tray. I put some oats in the tray for him....wouldn't eat those. So I left him for 5 minutes....nothing would tempt him, so I gave him some Infacol. He wouldn't let me near him to listen to, or rub his tummy.

10 minutes later, I tried him with a few oats, which he ate. Then I sat with him, and hand fed him some strands of hay, which he was very hungry for. Listened to his tummy at this point, and it sounded normal. I then encouraged him back to his cage, and he's eaten about the usual amount of breakfast for this time of day, and is now behind me destroying his cardboard castle with as much enthusiasm as usual.

Just wondering what it could have been. Was wondering if it was his teeth, he does need dentals every 6 months to a year, although I don't suppose Infacol would make him eat again if it was, and surely if his mouth was hurting, he wouldn't be chomping away at his castle.
Would Infacol clear a gassy tummy that quickly though?
Or was he just being a weird bunny?

I'd guess it may well be his teeth. He may have got transient pain as a spur scratched his tomgue/cheek. Then the pain wore off so he was OK about eating again
I'd get your Vet to check Evo's teeth

Janex

Back