PDA

View Full Version : Most unpopular breed?

Azraelm
03-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Just wondering what peoples experiences of the most unpopular breed of rabbit seems to be? Ie) for rescues to rehome.

I know REW and black bunns are often harder to find homes for, but are any particular breed?

honeybunny
03-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Agoutis..then REW ...then black bunnies..haven't had a particular breed that has stuck..just colours..and of course temprement/health as most people want a friendly bun so those with behaviour problems/needing dentals stay a long time :(

Bavarian Bunny
03-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Awww, agoutis are so cute. I don't like REW too much, and I prefer upright ears and short fur. Eve calls me a fuss pot, can you believe that??? :lol:

Personally I like English lops the least, not nice to look at.

Eve seems to have problems rehoming some of the medium sized bunnies, people seem to prefer small ones.

beckiboo186
03-12-2006, 04:54 PM
My 3 favourites are agouti, black and rew! Charlie was agouti, Boo was black .. guess my next one should be a rew?! :) X

touie
03-12-2006, 05:22 PM
I love those colours too I'm sadly missing a black bunny at the moment (but no offers my house is full :shock: :lol: ) I was after an agouti when I got fudge but I couldn't find any though I guess opel's quite similar!

touie
03-12-2006, 05:23 PM
oopsy

Morrigan1981
03-12-2006, 05:42 PM
What are REW buns? 'Red Eyed White' rabbits? :?

Bavarian Bunny
03-12-2006, 05:43 PM
What are REW buns? 'Red Eyed White' rabbits? :?

Yes. :D

Morrigan1981
03-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Oo, thanks! I thought it must be, but then I wasn't 100% certain that 'rew' was a particular colour, like 'agouti'! :lol:

HS
03-12-2006, 05:54 PM
I have two black buns and a REW. They are gorgeous! I also like agoutis, but have no room for any more :cry:

SarahP
03-12-2006, 06:37 PM
I love all whites, blacks and agoutis - poor unpopular bunnies! :(

bumble3130
03-12-2006, 06:44 PM
awwww what a shame. harvey is black - looks like hes got tiny bits of grey going thro his fur - almost silver :love:
its such a shame that the plainer looking buns dont grab peoples eyes like some others. i dunno what it was that grabbed me about Harvey. i think his little paws and the fact he was up on his hind legs looking into my eyes. if i could have my way now id have loads and loads of buns i love them soooooooo much - all of em lol.i look at any rabbit now and see how beauitful they are :lol: never thought 6 months ago i would be a bunny addict :lol:

sillyrabbit
03-12-2006, 06:44 PM
What are REW buns? 'Red Eyed White' rabbits?

I was going to ask that too.

Scarlett is a white bunny with red eyes and thats why the girl I got her from didnt want her. She thought she was freaky looking :roll:

Why dont people want black bunnies? I would love a black one! I think all bunnies are cute though

beckiboo186
03-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Why dont people want black bunnies? I would love a black one! I think all bunnies are cute though

I know I wondered that too. I always wanted one, then I got Boo :D X

sillyrabbit
03-12-2006, 07:04 PM
I know I wondered that too. I always wanted one, then I got Boo

and she was GORGEOUS!! I really dont understand that!

Bavarian Bunny
03-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Eve has a black bunny named Victoria. She is really sweet, but there seems to be no interest in her. She hasn't found a sponsor yet, either. My first ever bunny was black with a white spot on his nose. Oh, and Eve now has that mini-rex named Midnight, very black and very pretty.
I like white bunnies, too, but I don't like the red eyes very much.

melaniejb
03-12-2006, 07:48 PM
I LOVE black bunnies!!!! When we were getting Albert and Poppy I was searching for black rabbits...then I saw Albie and fell in love :love: :love: :love:

beckiboo186
03-12-2006, 07:50 PM

Aww Thank You! :D

After saying this earlier

My 3 favourites are agouti, black and rew! Charlie was agouti, Boo was black .. guess my next one should be a rew?! :) X

... Is it fate that i've fallen in love with a rew?!! :shock: :oops: X

kayjay
03-12-2006, 08:00 PM

Aww Thank You! :D

After saying this earlier

... Is it fate that i've fallen in love with a rew?!! :shock: :oops: X

It's either fate or maybe you've been sent him to help get over Boo?? Stranger things have happened you know and he really needs a home :)

sillyrabbit
03-12-2006, 08:01 PM
It's either fate or maybe you've been sent him to help get over Boo?? Stranger things have happened you know and he really needs a home

hmmm spooky :lol:

*Michaela*
03-12-2006, 09:06 PM
I have two black buns and a REW. They are gorgeous! I also like agoutis, but have no room for any more :cry:

Ditto!!

LurcherGirl
03-12-2006, 09:18 PM
I like the unusual colours too, but most of all I love white bunnies (and animals in general). I don't like the red eyes, but they generally come as part of the deal and that's fine. I now have two REW, had one in the past and also had a white with blue eyes. I also have a black bunster and two agoutis!

Vera

lucyj
03-12-2006, 10:59 PM
awww agouties r the 1s who look wild coloued eh? i think they're lovely, and dont see wht the prob with black is at all - or white, to be honest though I had no colour preference when I went to pick the boys I jst knew that i wanted a small or at the most medium breed, that I wanted 2 girls (as read they were best pairing, the boys were girls supposedly when I got them....... :roll: ), and that I wanted them to not be too timid, the colour was absolutly irrelevant and I cant see why it'd b an issue really...............its sad. I did notice tho that 90% of the rabbits in my local pets at home r white and wondered if this was cuz thy could get them cheaper or sumthing, or if thy were jst left behind....... :cry:

xEMMAx
03-12-2006, 11:03 PM

I know I wondered that too. I always wanted one, then I got Boo :D X

Same here! Then I got Tia :D (And Wiffles and Whistler :lol: )
My first buns I ever had were both black too! I looooove little black bunnies :love: :love:

Beaney
03-12-2006, 11:05 PM
I Love Black bunnies so no idea why they are not popular. Black lops especially are just too gorgeous!

I was having a conversation with the owner of my local pet shop and she was saying that she finds mini lops the easiest to sell followed closely by dutches' and Rexs' the hardest to sell.

honeybunny
03-12-2006, 11:08 PM
a petshop near me had 3 REWs "reduced to clear" a while ago :evil:

lucyj
03-12-2006, 11:13 PM
This is the buny I sponsor at CARROT rescue in Arbroath, Donny. he's black and he's totally gorgeous! His wifie is not too well so cant b rehomed so he stays there permanently

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/lucyjw/Donny1resize.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/lucyjw/Donny2-1.jpg

and with his wife DeeDee

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/lucyjw/resizeDoonyDeeDee.jpg

Inimical Me
03-12-2006, 11:51 PM
My Fidget is a teeny little black, up eared bun and she is GORGEOUS! I really need some good pics of her so she can go in my siggy!

Charliesangel
03-12-2006, 11:55 PM
Black buns are my favorite :D I'm not too fond of REWs, but I would never turn down a sweet rabbit just because of its colouring :roll: :D :D :D

Leah xx

sarahbarnsley
04-12-2006, 09:42 AM
i must go for the unpopular ones!

we have Bracken - an agouti (and 6 when we adopted her) and 2 black bunnies - Gus & Frida

as well as a brown and white frenchie and a magpie harlequin lop (thanks for honeybunny for the identification - i had no idea what Zeb was!)

i would adopt any bunny that i fell for regardless of breed although all mine are lops and i do prefer lops (and all black bunsters are my faves) - previously though i had a black up-eared bunny

i think all bunnies are gorgeous

oh and we have 2 REW piggies and a really odd looking white piggy with black eyes and pink feet and very tufty fur!!!

Azraelm
04-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Its really sad isnt it? :(

These two pairs have been at Kirkby for quite some time now, and Celia says it is due to their colours :(

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=5127

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=5101

I've had a REW and a black bunn.
Rowan is the first bunn I have ever 'chosen'.

Tamsin
04-12-2006, 10:24 AM
The small-average size cross breed upeared rabbit in black, agouti or REW are probably the most unpopular :?

doorkeeper
04-12-2006, 10:37 AM
I have had lots of people say they don't like red eyes :( Which as I have all these REW small lops is bad news :? Plus three more uppy eared REWs :? One of them is a rex so that will probably help him find a home when he is ready. But people really seem to like the dark eyed whites...

Cashmeres and angoras ought to be the hardest to rehome. Certainly I've had Stuart since June with no interest at all. And large dominant English lady buns don't seem popular either. Poor Snowdrop. Or rather poor other buns who want her enclosure :lol: She is perfectly happy digging her holes and arguing with the other rabbits through the fence :roll:

I'm hoping everyone loves lionheads as I have soooooo many at present.

Bavarian Bunny
04-12-2006, 11:01 AM
Well, I like the very "un-fancy" up-eared mixed breeds best. :lol: I like the way they can move their ears. I've had two agoutis and one black, and Penny is black otter, so with a bit of grey, which is very pretty.

lucyj
04-12-2006, 11:48 PM
thats right jst remembered, whne i went to get honey and harly the lady also had alitter of white babies with blue eyes and said they wre very popular as people not so fond of the red eyes and blue were unusual. she couldnt guarantee me they'd stay small tho (1st time buns so didnt wnt to jump in at the deep end with large breeds) so i got H & H frm the litter of dutches. I think both those pairs at Kirby are gorgeous!!!!!!!!Espesh the 2nd pair, Id love 1 black and 1 white bun, very modern minimalistic :lol: seriously tho, they are gorgeous, i jst dont get it

Sweetie
05-12-2006, 09:13 AM
I adore black bunnies (not that im biased or anything :lol: :lol: :lol: ) and I met my first ever REW at the weekend and she was gorgeous!!!!!

BirdieBun
05-12-2006, 10:53 AM
awwww i must go for most umpopular buns too as I have my gorgeous Bino (REW) and Orchid (agouti)

i personally wouldnt have a long haired bun as I wouldnt be able to keep up with grooming.

i want a black bun :love: although I should be put off by Tree's Bob's behaviour :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: awwww Bob the frog that growls :lol:

and are maybe nethies unpopular too? i dont know many people that love nethies :(

Estelle
05-12-2006, 12:05 PM
i personally wouldnt have a long haired bun as I wouldnt be able to keep up with grooming.

Phoebe (lionhead) hardly needs any grooming. I give her a good haircut every few months. She's really good and sits on my knee while i trim her. I love giving her a haircut too, i start off just going to trim the long bits and then i get carried away and cut loads off! :lol: She looks like a different rabbit after a haircut! :D

sezzy5889
05-12-2006, 12:39 PM
But a black and a white bunny looks the cutest together in my opinion :(

my first bun was a rew, my second was agouti and i've had 3 blacks.
All bunnies are lovely in my opinion :D

Phill
05-12-2006, 01:06 PM
I dunno why people don't like REW's i love them!!! I have 4 currently and 2 black bunnies!

Half wild or wild buns that are somewhat domesticated seem difficult to home

BirdieBun
05-12-2006, 01:25 PM

Phoebe (lionhead) hardly needs any grooming. I give her a good haircut every few months. She's really good and sits on my knee while i trim her. I love giving her a haircut too, i start off just going to trim the long bits and then i get carried away and cut loads off! :lol: She looks like a different rabbit after a haircut! :D

Awww really thats ace :lol: :lol: when you cut her next will you take pics for us please :thumb:

NicolaB18
05-12-2006, 01:30 PM
i love all kind of bunnies, they are all gorgeous in there own special way. :D

luvabun
05-12-2006, 08:03 PM
The really fluffy angora and lionhead buns don't do it for me. .but REW's like my Totti do :love: thank God it's different strokes for different folks :)

JIMGRACIE
05-12-2006, 08:46 PM
ok, i prefer cute buns, with great personalities. Colour isnt important. Nor breed. I have a beauitiful Bindi, and a super duper (BIB) Maya.

I can understand stroppy buns being in rescue centres for a while. But having had Bindi i would take on a stroppy bunny any day. I like the challenge of trying to keep both arms in the morning :lol: AND i love hearing mum say "if you bop me Bindi, you will have no carrot tops!!" :lol:

Morrigan1981
05-12-2006, 08:52 PM
There aren't any breeds of rabbit that I don't like either... There are always a few buns that you spot that just make your heart melt :love: but I've never looked at a photo of a rabbit and thought 'that's an ugly bun' :lol:

I do have a particular soft spot for fluffies and lionheads though :love:

beckiboo186
05-12-2006, 09:04 PM
I like the challenge of trying to keep both arms in the morning :lol: AND i love hearing mum say "if you bop me Bindi, you will have no carrot tops!!" :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i love all kind of bunnies, they are all gorgeous in there own special way. :D

Thats soo right! :D

Half wild or wild buns that are somewhat domesticated seem difficult to home

Yeup I think this too .. although we tried to adopt a half wild little boy just before we got Boo, and the woman at the rescue tried to put us off in every way possible, she'd heard how good Till was & Just kept saying Oh no, he'll be too much work for you etc, So maybe this is down to rescues too? :?

I'd have any bun in the world, Love them all :love: You don't choose your friends by how the look (well, you shouldnt!) .. so why should you choose your pets that way? :) X