• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

1st day bonding - how does it look?

Mad Bunster

Mama Doe
Hi everyone
Today I brought Maddie home fron Kayjs...heres an update on the bonding!

Maddie and Fozzie got along really well - lots of licking from Foz (she's not groomed anyone since Elmo died!) so that was great. Then we introduced Archie and things were a little bit unsettled but ok, they were eating together etc and Fozzie was having a hard time grooming everybun!!

Then a scuffle broke out between Foz and Maddie, fur flying kicks etc, but they settled down again. Since then Maddie has been hiding from the other two and running away each time the others move (they're not attacking her though).

Shes now ok with Foz, but shes still running away from Archie. They've had to come inside so i can keep an eye on them still, but majority of the time its "them and her" until one moves and she scarpers.

Is this OK - do they just need some more time together???

Sounds very very normal to me, as long as they are not drawing blood keep them together. By this time tomorrow you will feel a lot happier with them. They just need to sort out their pecking order.

Well they've all eaten together and then went off to separate corners!

They seem to be settling down now, theres less chasing at least :D

Heres the happy threesome!

IMG_10921.jpg

They look great together! At least no flying fur :shock: I'm sure they'll be frim friends in no time!

Aww I'm so pleased, they look really happy together. You've got a bun of nearly every colour now!!! :D

Fingers crossed it carries on going so well...

Can't wait for a cuddle!

Gem xx

They look fab! :D I was so worried when I bonded my two, especially as Weed (the baby) attacked Bundle (3 yrs old) at every opportunity! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: but they settled down within a day and are now firmly bonded :D :D :D

Sounds like you're doing great! :thumb: :thumb:

I can tell you that nobody is more chuffed than ME :D :D I kept saying to David yesterday No news is good news, I wanted to phone but I was dreading Kerry saying they weren't getting on as Maddie as been really down recently.
Fingers crossed and Thank you Kerry :D

I did want Kerry to do a swap for Fozzie but she wouldn't :( :lol: :lol:

Back