• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do I...

...bond 2 rabbits that hate eachother? I am stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. Ashlee and Aspen have been very mopey since Willie passes away. Crumpet is finally well enough to live with other rabbits, so I bonded him and the girls last night. But now poor Holly is all by her lonesome self. I want a friend for her, but space is an issue. My room is about maxed out on cage space :oops:
So...do I spend loads of time bonding Holly with the 3 (her and Aspen hate eachother more than anything. They routinely figth through cage bars), or leave her alone, or try and see if I can make bunny number 5 fit?

I wouldnt get another one if i didnt have enough room. It would be different if you could make room though :D

We cleared out our garden and got rid of the slide and table/chairs so I could get Scarlett

I keep wondering if I should try again with trip and malibu though, he really seems to hate her :(

well done for bonding Crumpet and the girls! :D

Holly might be happy enough just having other rabbits nearby - The main thing rabbits need is security and 'sameness', so she's probably happy with things being the same as they always have been. It's not like she's just lost a partner, so nothing's changed in her world really. My 3 single bunnies seem perfectly happy living alone, with other bunnies nearby for a sense of security.

Well, HOlly did use to live with Crumpet, but his tooth problems led to an illness so I had to seperate them and get him well. When I tried rebonding him with Holly he was having none of it. I finally gave up after a few weeks and bonded him to the girls. I guess I'll see how it all plays out :roll:

Back