• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our new bunny! U/D Now renamed Zebedee!

Frida is being spayed on monday and today we got her a new boyfriend (subject to bonding of course but im confident it will work)

Diego is 9 weeks old - he's come from a litter born to school rabbits. My friend has asked me in the past to take one in but this is the first time I've said yes. He's got unusual green eyes and a gorgeous pattern. He's a dwarf lop but seems quite big already.

He's got a helicopter ear - at first I thought he'd got mild head tilt but Rebecca has checked him out and he's fine.

So here's some photos -

Having his dinner - wait til he gets on the SS

HPIM0096.jpg

Hay (and he loves timothy 2nd cut from bunny basics)

HPIM0098.jpg

Tunnel time!

HPIM0101.jpg

And a bonus photo of Gus posing with my friend, headless Marie

HPIM0103.jpg

At the moment he's in a pen at the side of our bed - he's already scrambled out of an 18 inch one - so now he's got a 3ft high one but we'll probably wake up with him on the pillows!

Lola & Gus aren't very impressed with strange boy smells on their floor! but he's moving downstairs on tuesday into the kitchen with Frida & Bracken (after i've had my body shop party). Cant wait to move into our new house though so they can all move upstairs.

well lets just say - if the bonding doesnt work (and im going to try and recruit some kind barnsley rabbit people if i cant do it) - then he wont be going anywhere.

i could never send a rabbit away which is why i've got 2 single bunnies at the mo plus a semi-bonded pair! and no kitchen! and a bunny pen extension to my bed! i reckon the bunnies have devalued our house by about £5K since we bought it!!!!!!!

still i really cant wait to move round the corner once our house is built - the bunnies will be having the whole of the middle floor and we are putting a settee and our telly up there so we can sit with them on a night. and fingers crossed, the way the builders are cracking on - i think we will be in by the end of january.

he is a sweetie. i did intend to get another rescue bunny, as you know.

but i felt so sorry for him - when charlotte took us to look at him he was binkying away while the other 2 babies that were left looked on in disgust. plus the fact that i thought he had head-tilt made me feel sorry for him. so he's cost me a consultation fee already and we've only had him since 5pm!

he's booked in for his vaccs on monday. frida's not met him yet as she's in the kitchen still but on sunday ive decided im going to put her pen in our room too so i can keep an eye on her after her spay (at the other side of the bed) - not sure yet how we will get out of bed!!!. at the moment she's got his box from bringing him home in her pen and she's currently sat in it!

Gorgeous bunny and love the colouring.

I thought that bunnies were no longer allowed to be kept in schools, am I wrong?

the school he came from has a kind of mini farm - they also have chickens and goats and various other small animals - its a secondary school - my friends mum works there as a technician

sadly its not the first time charlotte has asked me if i could take in one of the bunnies from the school - there have been several litters from other bunnies this year - told them about vaccinated and neutering but to no avail

update too on diego - he's now been renamed Zebedee as he's striped like a zebra and he bounces around all over the place :lol: i cant get over how much hay he eats too - very impressive for such a little man

Back