• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

digging?

buddabun

Warren Veteran
k so i know rabbit naturally dsig but mine were never big diggers... had jack (female) 'done' last week... and all of a sudden tonight she's digging like mad - the litter tray, the carpet, beanbag, even my crochet!! (yes i'm 21 and i crochet, don't pity me lol)
any ideas why? is she aggravated over something? charlie is fine but she's all restless and diggy...

weird girl :love:

I posted about this digging business just last night (I think the thread is further down the list but only got one reply).
My Bella has been digging for the last couple of weeks and I wondered if it was a seasonal girl thing.
It only bothers me when she digs the contents of the litter tray out as that creates a big mess but I would like to know if there is some reason for it. Just out of interest like.

it's strange because she's never done it before... she was spayed last week... and she was just going mad last night scrabbling at everything including the litter tray (which I agree is messy!!)/... very odd behaviour.

we'll see what she's like today

I asked about this a few days ago too, as Audrey has only started doing it since being spayed! Its most odd.

She's about 6 weeks post op though :?

well i've got to take charlie in for a booster next week so will ask them about it then... maybe she's angry 'cos I've nabbed her bits lol

My bunny Lillie is a serial diggy bunny and a chewy bunny, can't seem to stop her :shock: :lol:

Bella was spayed a year ago so I can rule that out in my case.
I've got a digging Bella and a chewing Marlon, the fun (and mess) never ends! :lol:

the happy bee said:
Bella was spayed a year ago so I can rule that out in my case.
I've got a digging Bella and a chewing Marlon, the fun (and mess) never ends! :lol:

oh god tell me about it- drives me mad! Audrey does both the chewing and digging. Rowan is very well behaved though :angel:

Dunno if this will sound a bit mad but I wonder if it's because the weather has turned colder and they're digging a "warren" to hide out in? :? Just a thought and I'm probably totally wrong :oops: but you never know.......??

Rosie has been digging in the garden. It was fascinating to watch.

I had been ready to move her on because of the mess etc. but I decided to let her get on with it. Having dug it out, she then proceeded to back-fill with the soil she had dug out. It was all beautifully patted back down with her front paws. What workmanship!

I am glad I let her do this, I think she would have just started up somewhere else.

Blossom also use to do this. I wonder what it is all about?

Cara

Back