• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

pls help

cazza

Mama Doe
I came home tonight from Work - choco was laid out in her cage didnt want to get up, not interested in coming out and no interest in food.

Managed to coax her out but she just kept laying down.

gave her 1ml of infacol and put her on a snugglesafe.

She has not eaten there are a few poops and a wee in her tray - (i cleaned it out as soon as i noticed she wasnt right so i could monitor her movements)

she has just had some more infacol but has still not eaten or bothered to run about.

What else can i do ? - her stomach is soft and no noise is coming from it.

thanks

i read that but chocos stomach is soft and not enlarged which makes me wonder if she has wind

i hate seeing her like this

caz

Have yoiu given her a tummy rub? I have found that by giving Infacol and a nice tummy massage it helps

Hi
i have been giving her tummy rubs and have managed to get her to have a few laps of water.

I am no expert, but it sounds like her tummy is empty and she may need some recovery food. If she has been pooping a little, that is a good sign, as it means less chance of a blockage. I would ring the vet asap.

Bobby was like this a few weeks back, He has suffered from wind before, but this time was different as I could here no sound from his tummy and he did not respond to the Infacol. His tummy was also flat and empty.
I took him to the emergency vet, where he had metoclopramide, painkiller and vitamin B12. I syringe fed him recovery food throughout the night. It took him 3 days to get over it, and if I hadn't got him to the vet when I did I don;t think he'd have made it.

she has eaten a bit of hay and has now jumped out of her cage and is looking around. sounds silly but in her face she looks to have perked up
ill keep an eye on her a bit longer and possibly take her to bed with us
(or atleast in our room)
caz

Seems several bunnies are poorly tonight. Wonder if it has anything to do with the upcoming storm. My midwife told me that a lot of babies get colics and wind when there is a storm, dunno why, but she observed it. Maybe this happens to bunnies too. Would be worth a study.
Hope things are better now.

Back