• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit christmas present is go! (this is a shh! thread)* U/D

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
* meaning please dont tell the bunnies :wink:

i have just bought some lovely suede effect fabric, some cotton fabric, som stuffing and some lovelly heavy cordoury (spelling prob wrong :oops: ) fabric and i am going to make them a bed!!!

i have got to get some foam at the weekend for the main structure of the bed but i have writen up the plan for it :D

it will be a round foam bed covered in the cord with a very puffy cushion (with removable cover) covered in the suede (cushion washable too) then i will 'attempt' to make a dome to go over the bed which will then be removable for washing purposes the dome will also be covered in the cord.

i will make a 'progress thread from start to finish then post pics of my buns (probably ignoring) their new bed at christmas :D:D:D

animusuk said:
Aww, what a wonderful idea :D
That sounds like a good size, assuming your buns aren't giant :)

lol no both dutch sized thats good then will start making newspaper templates then :D:D:D:D:D:D:D (not sure how im gonna wrap it up though! :? :lol:

here is a quick pic of the fabrics (the picture really doesnt do them justice)
as you can see the suede effect is a lovely chocolate colour and (although it looks quite brown on the pic) the cordy fabric is a lovely light cream :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

fabric001.jpg

I think it will be fab! You're dead clever doing stuff like that - I'm useless with a needle and thread or sewing machine :oops: :oops:

btw I'm intrigued about this "barbara" thing - I know it's one of those Argos beds but who called it barbara and why? :? :? :lol: :lol:

The fabric looks fab, but my buns wouldn't appreciate it. They have a plastic dog bed in the shed which I filled with lovely vetbedding but everytime I went down they'd taken the vet bed out and just sat in the bed, so I've gone back to hay :roll:

Bundle said:
I think it will be fab! You're dead clever doing stuff like that - I'm useless with a needle and thread or sewing machine :oops: :oops:

btw I'm intrigued about this "barbara" thing - I know it's one of those Argos beds but who called it barbara and why? :? :? :lol: :lol:

no idea why its called barbara just knew that everyone on here would know what i was talking about...seemed like a good thing to measure against :lol: :lol:

:shock: im really no good at sewing...this is going to be my biggest test because if it doesnt work i cant glue it :lol: :lol: :lol: written all the plan etc out so hope it will work, mum helps me sort a lot of it out too she is good at that kind of thing :D

kayjay said:
The fabric looks fab, but my buns wouldn't appreciate it. They have a plastic dog bed in the shed which I filled with lovely vetbedding but everytime I went down they'd taken the vet bed out and just sat in the bed, so I've gone back to hay :roll:

i thouhght my buns were like that too i got them a lovely fleecy cat bed and they ignored it...or so i though :D then the other day i want feeling well so stayed in bed and the buns settled down for a snooze and to my amazement teegra flopped onto the bed and fell asleep on his back!!!! he looked so cute really wish i had my camera

cheekytikki said:
:shock: im really no good at sewing...this is going to be my biggest test because if it doesnt work i cant glue it :lol: :lol: :lol: written all the plan etc out so hope it will work, mum helps me sort a lot of it out too she is good at that kind of thing :D

I have found Wundaweb a marvellous invention - removes the need for all sewing! :wink: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bundle said:
cheekytikki said:

I have found Wundaweb a marvellous invention - removes the need for all sewing! :wink: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: the funny thing is if it is for people i cant do it but anything for the animals and i dont mind sewing away i have fixed toys, made dog costumes, dog coat, rat hammocks (nice and easy) and now gonna attempt this. for me i once stitched a hole in my jeans but only when my bum started showing through :oops: :lol: :lol:

rightey- oh so i have been a busy little so and so this evening so thought i would put up some progress pics :D (sorry if this is totally boring but im sooo proud of myself)

thepillow001.jpg

thepillow002.jpg

thepillow003.jpg

thepillow004.jpg

thepillow005.jpg

thepillow006.jpg

thepillow007.jpg

so that is the pillow for the middle it is really soft and puffy its lovely :D the dog is asleep on it at the moment so think i will be making another one :roll: :lol:

animusuk said:
Oh well done :D You did that quick :D :thumb:
You don't fancy making me one do you? :wink: Looks sooo cosy :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i think the way im going i will be finishing the buns then doing one for the dogs, then one for the cats then a duvet and pillow set for me :lol: :lol: :lol:

been at it again and it is now starting to take shape although there is still a lot to do!!

the bottom
outerbed001.jpg

the edge
outerbed002.jpg

the base placed together (still got to stitch it all :roll: )
outerbed003.jpg

what it should look like roughly
outerbed004.jpg

still got to buy the foam to make the hood :D but getting there! it now at least resembles something like a bed :D

Back