• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Still bleeding

touie

Wise Old Thumper
Fudges feet are still bleeding, i keep putting the dermosol on as directed but he won't leave them alone I can't see how they're going to get better :( and my whole house is covered with blood patches :(

Is he chewing them? A elizabethan collar might be a solution though you'll probably have some squidy poops to clean up instead (pop them in the food bowl for him).

Otherwise you could try bandadges. Use a pad with a hole cut out around the sores so it takes the weight off them and then wrap them.

Bunnies are difficult when it comes to feet :?

Tam

I thought about bandages would they work then or is he likely to chew them off?

I found poo in some places he shouldn't have been yesterday so i think he'd been doing some mountineering to get at the food bag which is probably why they were bleeding but he has been licking them alot :?

Is he on any pain relief
He may be licking them cos they hurt :cry:
Has your Vet given any indication of the cause? eg contact dermatis, allergy....??

Janex

no she didn't give me anything but said if they didn't start to get better then to bring him back I think she was trying to keep the cost down, not that i asked her too!

She suggested it was his weight but he's been that weight for about a year now ( put on o.4kg after his brother died) and his feet have been fine till now :?

touie said:
no she didn't give me anything but said if they didn't start to get better then to bring him back I think she was trying to keep the cost down, not that i asked her too!

She suggested it was his weight but he's been that weight for about a year now ( put on o.4kg after his brother died) and his feet have been fine till now :?

Well if they are bleeding the skin must be broken leaving it open to infection
I would take him back to the Vet as it appears he needs more aggressive treatment than just Dermasol

Janex

I saw only 2 tiny spots of blood yesterday and none today so hopefully his feet are on the mend :D

Back