• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

5ft Double Hutch u/d I have something! u/d pic added

I have recently ordered a 5ft double hutch from Happy Hutch, they attempted delivery today but I was out. However I noticed that it was delivered on a pallet, so I'm assuming that it comes made up rather than flat packed (as I thought)!!

This hutch was supposed to be for Dolly when she comes to stay with me before Christmas (she normally lives at my parents).

If it comes made up then there is no way I will get it into the garden as I live in a terrace house and the front porch is small with doors at right angles to each other (the sofa only just fitted it).

Now I don't know what to do, I will have to try and canel the hutch (even though it's already at the courier depot), and I need to find another hutch to buy!

I'm in a panic and a bad mood!! Plus my parents are having a go at me for not realiseing that it wasn't flat packed in the first place & I've possible wasted the best part of £200!!!

How tall is the hutch? Is there any way to get it through the doors when you carry it upright? I don't know why they build everything so small and narrow, the bedrooms in this country are a joke, and a lot of doors are not even wide enough to fit a sofa through them.

I got a 6 ft single hutch from the HH company, and it came flat packed.

It's 5ft, by 4ft by 2ft. I was looking and thinking that it may fit through on it's end as you say, but being 4ft tall and the entrance porch is just over 3ft square, so yes it is tiny. I don't want to sign for it and end up with a pallet or hutch on my front drive for... well ever!

Oh this is too much today!

Maybe give them a call and just double check? They do say that ALL thier hutches are delivered flatpacked. Hope you get things sorted :D

Bavarian Bunny said:
I looked on their website. Says some of them are delivered all ready made on a pallet. Does not say which ones.

Yes it's my fault, I should have paid closer attention before I bought it, you would think by 29 I would have learnt these things :roll: Tucking into jacket potato with pile of cheese now - may have to raid the cupboards for chocolae later.

How do you get your dustbins out? Is there not a back way into your yard?? Or could you negotiate with neighbours to pass it through gardens?

I thought they were all flat packed from there? We just got ours and it took 4 hours to build! :shock: :lol:

Dustbins stay out the front (hardly ideal). On two sides of the garden are thick hedges but the other is just a panelled fence (I think it's "my fence" as the landlord replaced it before I moved in), perhaps a panel can be removed will have to investigate in the morning. Will call HH in the morning and check actually what state it is delivered in!

Thanks for you help!

Well I've cancelled the order :( (actually my mum called them as I've been on a course all day) but they charge at 35% cancellation fee (ouch).

Just need to find something similar to buy now!

Ouch!! What a shame, couldn't you figure out a way to get it in? Or couldn't they provide one flatpacked?

Hope you find something else soon.

kayjay said:
Ouch!! What a shame, couldn't you figure out a way to get it in? Or couldn't they provide one flatpacked?

Hope you find something else soon.

They don't do this one flat packed. I will call tomorrow to see if they can do a 5ft x 4ft x 2ft, hutch with run under, but it's not a standard size so I doubt they will be able to do it in time! Their standard is 5ft x 3ft x 2ft which isn't tall enough as it will only have 18" per level! 6ft won't fit into the gap I have, and the rest of the garden is gravel so that won't be much use!

This is turning into a nightmare and all my mum can do is shout at me!

5ft Double Hutch u/d I now have something - phew

Well I am sat in my living room with a hutch with run under (5ft x 4ft x 2ft), my dad came up to my house today to wait for the delivery. So I have a busy weekend, building the hutch and moving the rabbits up here from my parents!!

I must admit I'm quite relieved as I need to move them up this weekend as my parents are going on holiday on Tuesday (so I was cutting a bit fine in the end :roll: )

Who did you get it from in the end? You'll have to let us know what it's like as I'm after getting a hutch/run under for summer

I got it from Happy Hutch (was easier and the most cost effective way in the end), it was about £140 I think, but I'm not sure whether that included postage of not (was all a bit confusing with the refund and the 35% bit). It's not a size listed on their website but they made it and sent it quickly anyhow. Just hope it's all ok once I put it together (always rather scary I find).

Back