• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Annoyed - opinions on rabbits...

norrielian

Mama Doe
:x I get so annoyed by other peoples opinions on pet rabbits, especially from those who work with me and know me!

Yesterday, my vet bed arrived and my order from Hay Expert - work colleagues just totally took the wee at the fact that I had bought my rabbits toys! One friend has two british shorthaired cats like me who are very spoilt so I said it is no different to her buying your cats toys, in fact, I told her rabbits need more stimulation than my own cats!

Rant over, I just get so cross :x

Lian xx

i know what you mean :x
the other day i was buying hay and my sister friend came over, i joked that i must nealr buy as much hay for my buns as she buys for her horse, i said i was thinking of getting a bale if i could store it to which she replied 'god why bother they are only rabbits!' hmmm i said 'think im the wrong person to say that to' grrrrrrr when will people learn? :evil: :x

cheekytikki said:
i know what you mean :x
the other day i was buying hay and my sister friend came over, i joked that i must nealr buy as much hay for my buns as she buys for her horse, i said i was thinking of getting a bale if i could store it to which she replied 'god why bother they are only rabbits!' hmmm i said 'think im the wrong person to say that to' grrrrrrr when will people learn? :evil: :x

:x Don't think they'll ever learn! Even my husband admitted he hadn't realised (until he met me) exactly how cheeky, funny and loving rabbits could be. He just thought they were pointless pets sitting in hutches doing nothing! Obviously he now thinks differently! Its such a shame really because they are such characters, people don't know what they are missing !

My delivery came from the Hat Experts yesterday and the Guy from ANC was laughing his head off Charlie (My British Giant) could smell what was in the bag and following the guy do the path. :lol: :lol: :lol:

kayj said:
My delivery came from the Hat Experts yesterday and the Guy from ANC was laughing his head off Charlie (My British Giant) could smell what was in the bag and following the guy do the path. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Can just imagine! He'll be collecting the paper soon!

When I had my first bunnies, people thought rabbits were just for the oven. It wasn't very common to have them as pets. But even nowadays I still get to hear jokes like "will you have them for Christmas" etc.. :roll:

Bavarian Bunny said:
When I had my first bunnies, people thought rabbits were just for the oven. It wasn't very common to have them as pets. But even nowadays I still get to hear jokes like "will you have them for Christmas" etc.. :roll:

Comments like that become so boring don't they! My dad still say's the same after all these years! :?

My mother always thought rabbits were boring and cats much more entertaining. Now she is looking after my senior bunny and enjoys his company so much.

yep, makes me mad. People think that they are breeding machines too, and getting them neutered is a waste. I often get asked whether i am fattening them up for my ferrets. Not while i am alive.

They also ramble on about Mayas eyes. Why spend so much? cos he deserves life more then most people :D

My hubby always thought my buns were piontless and why did i have so many until i got Oakley! Now he couldn't think more differently, in fact oakley isn't even my rabbit now she's Ali's!!!

I still get comments now about rabbit pie ect, i just ignore them and say yeh they tatse great with carrotts, people don't know what to say then.

Phill said:
I still get comments now about rabbit pie ect, i just ignore them and say yeh they tatse great with carrotts, people don't know what to say then.

Im with you. just ignoring all the stupid comments. maybe they make them out of jealousy.... :D

people say to me "oh have you still got your rabbits" well yes or course i have just because they are rabbits it doesnt mean i plan on giving them away

Back