• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone help some guinea pigs? Yorkshire

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
From another forum:

Yesterday i went to pick up a piggy with a friend of mine, the lady had 1 ginger aby boy aged approx 18 months & 2 girls (who must stay together) aged approx 2 yrs. 1 looked to be a self buff, the other tri coloured, but i only saw it's face.

She is selling them with their hutches for £10 each. £10 the boy, £10 the pair of girls.

She said she didn't have the time to give them as she's out at work all day & that it was too cold for them to be outside but she didn't have the room to bring them in. She also said she took animals in that no-one else wanted but i have no idea if this is how she came by the piggies, but none had names

I have to say the hutches, if that's what i can call them, looked to be no bigger than 3 feet in length & there must've been 2" of filth under the piggies.

There was no cover on these tiny hutches & i saw no evidence of hay, the only thing in there was a couple of very dodgy carrots tho' from what i saw of the piggies they did look to be in quite good health, no sores or bald patches were evident.

The lady lives in Glasshoughton, Castleford, about 10 mins from Allerton Bywater.

If anyone could offer these piggies a home please contact me for the lady's number. She has apparantly got them advertised in a free paper & also locally

I also have the contact details now, so please PM for them if you can help. It looks to be between Wakefield and Leeds on the map.

Apparently the owner cant remember their names, and they are not in nice conditions at all :( . Im sure they'd let them go for free without the hutches, which may not be any good anyway.

Back