• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ARGH! Buns Chewing Walls

buddabun

Warren Veteran
WHY do they do this??? Jack can't seem to help herself knawing on any exposed corners of our walls and we're renting!!! I don't want them destroying the house. has anyone got any ideas as to how I can stop her?
Thanks

Hi there!

My two buns have nearly stripped our walls!

I've found that rubbing white vinegar on the wall where they chew, with a cloth works. They wont go anywhere near now!

HTH x

It's normal behaviour for rabbits to strip bark from trees and in general spend hours foraging. The best way to stop the wall eating is to provide tastier alternatives and keep them busy elsewhere. So, treat ball for food, hay spread around, willow toys etc.

Tam

Strategically placed cardboard boxes can help - covering up some favourite chewing spots and they can attack them rather than the walls. That's if you don't mind having that just moved in look! Also willow twigs and wooden chew toys - distract them whilst they are chomping on the wall with one - show them how much tastier it is than a skirting board!

Will definitely try the vinegar trick but as for tasty snacks, here's the setup:
They come down in the evenings and sit on a nice carpet in front of our (filled in) fireplace... which is what they chew. They get fed there (veggies usually) and we usually throw down kitchen roll tubes etc which they promptly destroy... so they have plenty of distractions (I've given them fruit tree branches too which they chew at) it's just Jack seems to love chewing the walls!!!!!

Anyway, like I say will try the vinegar trick, nd thanks for your comments guys, will keep distracting her!

xxx

Back