• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Something in my garden... what animals dig?!

xEMMAx

Warren Veteran
When cleaning out buns today something I saw something had been digging in my garden!!

Whistlers hutch/run is up against the fence and has about a foot gap behind it so I can take the roof off and clean the bit I can't reach and when looking behind it today whilst cleaning hutches there was a big hole and a pile of soil! :shock: So something has been in my garden then dug its way out under my fence :?
None of my buns because they're all on concrete slabs and have no way of digging out. When out in garden always supervised :?

Soooo what animals can dig?? My garden has a big bush behind the back fence then a big playing field so suppose it could have been anything. As all the dug out soil was in my garden am thinking something had probably jumped in somehow then dug out??

This'll annoy me for ages now :roll:

one of the cats next door digs under the fence instead of jumping over it. The owner insists its my bunnies :roll:

We had a fox in our garden last night, I chased it and it jumped the fence easily. But I also found a big hole in the middle of my flowerbed, which looked different to the average cat or squirrel hole. Badgers also dig, there are some in our area. And cats too, yep. Hedgehogs probably.

It looked about as big as holes rabbits dig... I took photos but can't find my camera lead :evil: :roll:

foxes or badgers i would think, and i wouldnt trust either with bunnies :(
but, if you said its about the size of a bunny hole, that seems too small.
could it be a wild bun? do you have hedgehogs in your garden? they can dig believe it or not :wink:

I'd say foxes but dogs love to dig too - are there any strays round where you live or do any of your neighbours let their dog wander? It's possible someone's dog has come into your garden....

Just found a gap at the other end of the garden that things could have got through... so it could well be a rabbit who hopped in there then dugs it's way out again :D Tried looking for any kinds of droppings but couldn't find any.

Hedgehogs dig? Ohh didn't know that!

Haven't seen any stray dogs around.

Back