• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

im feeling crafty!!

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
not as in sneaky crafty but as in the art of crafts crafty :lol:

if i were to attempt a rabbit bed what would be the best design, fabric, stuffing etc

i can get some lovely suede effect fabric, or fake fur, cotton, satin, fleece, lambs wool effect etc.

also what would be best for stuffing foam, cuddly toy stuffing etc

and last but not least design 'donut' bed, hooded, attempt at making an 'igloo' shaped bed etc etc

any feedback greatly recieved

thanks in advance

Machine washable that's got to be most important! Personally I think suede effect sounds fab! (comfy and warm) I know Deej seems to like fleece.

Hmm are they chewers? That would affect my choice of stuffing.

Removable mattress (for ease of cleaning/washing)?

I'd go for a donut, or how about a tent with a removable top (you could do that easily with Velcro) - so it is a bed and tent all in one.

they have a fleece cat bed at the moment which they havent attempted to chew so might be ok on that one, i like the idea of a removable dome i wonder if i could combine the ideas further and have a donut bed with removable dome? i could do fleece one side and suede effect the other (as long as i can get co-ordinating fleece :wink: ) and i think washable is a very good idea :thumb: will draw some plans up today and go on the market tomorrow to look at some nice fabrics etc.

thanks for the feedback :thumb: :D

Wow that sounds great. And all withought a sewing machine :lol: it'd drive me mad. Then again so do sewing machines :D

Back