• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Isaac update :s

I picked Isaac up an hour ago....

he's in my arms while im typing this - Still sleeping! bless him :?

Anyways they called me when they were done, I got there and they asked me to stay with him till they locked up, which was nice- just so they could lock up and not worry to much about him....

Anyways when they were locked up the very nice vet came and chatted loads - this locum really knows his rabbits.

He was saying he had NEVER EVER seen or heard of this happening!!!

There had been an infection where he was neteured, and Isaac had bitten through his balls and bitten through his artery!!!
The vet said any longer and he would have died!

Itold you he had bled everywhere I wasnt joking!!!!

The vet removed everything that he could and cleaned it all out - did a good job to! .... he tied his artery off internally, so he cant get to it and has stitched him up....
he's now on antibiotics and got a collar - which wint be used unless I have to....
but tonight Iam in for a long night. :(

THANKYOU for all the vibes!!!

Sarah - Isaac and snowflake

:shock: :shock: The poor little thing - what a shock for both of you! I'm so glad to hear that he's OK.

Can I suggest a healing glass of wine and a sit down for his mum??

Good God!! The Poor Sweetheart!!! I'm so glad he's back with his Mum now, I'm in for a long, horrible night too .. So i'll be thinking of you :wink: Hope the little guy feels better soon, That must hurt like h3ll!! Good to know you have an ace vet though .. and good looking too?! :shock: X

MY GOD!!! Poor Chap!!

I bet your glad you got home when you did!!

Healing Vibes For Isaac!!

m
xx

Only just caught up on all of this - OMG, what a shock.
Loads of positive vibes coming your way.....

xx

Glad he is ok!

Alfie did the same thing (not chewing the artery) he made a right mess of his bits, i knew he would chew the stitches.

Anyway, he wore a collar.. i made him as couldn't risk it happening again and it was only for a week - he was absolutely fine with it even though his ears couldn't lop - he was exactly the same as usual, didn't bother him.

I would put the colour on just incase - not worth the rsik xx

How absolutely awful, poor Isaac and what a good thing you came home when you did! Glad the vet was great too, and hopefully things will resolve themselves now :D

OMG I completely missed this! :shock: Poor little guy - lucky the vet was so good. Lots of vibes for Isaac and hope he's feeling better soon. x

Thanks for all you supprt guys!!
He really wasnt well after yesterdays op - it has taken him a very long time to come round. He has pooped and peed thouhg, drunk a little bit of pineapple juice and nibbled a green and a bit of banana....
I had to put them back outside though today - cos I had to go to work.....
But I put him on his snuggle safe with a fleece blanket on top...

I will leave work early and get him back indoors - I just hope he is ok....

Last night was a long night and I am exhausted, I am just so glad what happened when I was around and not at night... otherwise today would be a different story...

He's on 24 days of antibiotics - so I guess he was really ill, I just cant believe he was that sick that he had to chew his balls off, and I didnt even know!! - cos he should no signs...

Anyways I will let you know more soon :)

Aw dont feel bad, Barney didnt show any signs either, of being sick, :( :love:

Sending lots of vibes :love: :love: :love:

Back