• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Urgent advice re: Boo

What has the vet said Becki? Can you remember if it was pnuemonia or to do with her heart?
What meds did she get?
The vet may have to give her fluids subcut unless vet taught you how to do this?
Please get better Boo - please :(

Oh no Becki, I'm so sorry Boo isn't well :cry: Probably of no help to you at all but when Elsa didn't eat or take from a syringe after her spay they took her back in to try and feed her. I think you should tryand talk to your vet to see what they can suggest. They might want you to bring her in

Jaypot said:
What has the vet said Becki? Can you remember if it was pnuemonia or to do with her heart?
What meds did she get?
The vet may have to give her fluids subcut unless vet taught you how to do this?
Please get better Boo - please :(

Pnuemonia wasn't mentioned, but Im not really sure what was. She just said what she could hear down the stethescope was worrying :( She has no medicine, she had injections this evening, and is back tomorrow for more. Vet told us to go and get baby food, fresh pineapple juice to get her guts going again, as she is too poorley to eat. Said nothing about giving fluids subcut .. :?? The vet really doesnt want to take her in, as she said stress is the worst thing for her, and she saw how she clung to me whilst she tried to examine her .. I feel SO helpless :cry: X

Oh dear. I'm so sorry your little Boo is poorly.

I don't know what to say to you apart from keeping her warm and comfortable and just keep persevering trying to get fluids and food into her

Are you able to call an emergency vet for some advice? Maybe that would help ease your mind.

You are obviously trying very very hard so don't feel bad.

Come on little Boo, sending lots of vibes

Fiona

Becki - is Boo feeling cold?
What you can do to make her feel a lot better is to put her across your chest and wrap yourself and Boo in a large towel or a blanket - this way she will feel a lot of your heat, be able to feel and hear your heart and this will really comfort her. She may take sips of water and food from the syringe if she feels comfy with you.
I really hope she pulls through - come on little one - xxxx

How's Boo this morning Becki? any better? sending loads of vibes for her. You're such a lovely bunny mummy :) Hope she gets better soon. Vicki x

Back