• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Maya been to the vets again

JIMGRACIE

Mama Doe
I had to cancel the last appointment, i'd made, because Maya had a poorly belly. His poos went really sticky and he was a grump. It cleared up after i found some hay that he will eat, so took Maya went to the vets yesterday. His eyes were getting worse and worse. Saw Jo, and she said that it had looked like Maya was really upset about something. Well, it really did look like he had been crying about something. Jo said she would get his tear ducts flushed that day. I was really happy that she could fit him in, but i didnt wanna leave him.

As it was, he had the exact same problem as last time. His left eye was fine, but his right was proper bunged up. So hes back on the ol' eye drops, and painkillers. He really hates the painkillers. And struggles everytime the syringe goes near him!!

Back to see Jo in 10 days to try again. I hate to think hes in pain!!

Vets said we should put shares into the vets, we are always there. :lol: :lol: Last couple of weeks have been madness. Our dog had a really nasty ear infection, and had to go in twice, bindi and maya had their jabs, and now mayas yucky eyes!!

Just keep everything crossed that it unblocks itself next time.

Gracie and animals x

Poor Maya :cry:
Has your Vet checked Maya's teeth are ok? Overgrown tooth roots and molar malocclusion can cause bunged up eyes.

Janex

Jane. Thank you for your concern - Yep, his teeth have been checked. I was worried that there could be a tooth problem, cos he does get a bit dribbley. But we have worked it out that he only does it when hes being loved, and groomed!! I do get his teeth checked everytime he has his eyes unplugged.

Jo (the vet) says hes otherwise perfect apart from his tear ducts. She said if he started loosing weight (yeh, right. Not Maya. His life is all about food!! :lol: ), then she would investigate further.

Becki - Maya asks if Tilly would like to come for dinner, and maybe she could help clean his eyes up? :love:

Gracie and animals x

Back