• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flemish Giants

i think i read that i can take 2 years to reach full size. not sure if this means body size of weight though

Jack's-Jane said:
maxxev said:
i think i read that i can take 2 years to reach full size. not sure if this means body size of weight though

*THUD*

Jane faints...... :shock:

Janex
pourquoi???? (I'm feeling French :wink: ) O.K. why :?: * sits in corner scratching head*

luvabun said:
Jack's-Jane said:
maxxev said:

*THUD*

Jane faints...... :shock:

Janex
pourquoi???? (I'm feeling French :wink: ) O.K. why :?: * sits in corner scratching head*

Because I have a 4 month old one who is already HUGE!! :shock:

Errrmmmm......tres grande...... (CSE French circa 1976... :oops: )

Janex

they are fully grown at 8 months and full out til the are 18 months, flemish are the smallest of the uppy eared giants!

Strawberry seemed to keep growing for ages, in fact I think he still is :roll: He was about 4kg when he came to me and is now (2 years on) about 5 and a half kg. It did take a while :? He was supposedly full grown and a castrated male when he arrived, but in fact they were only just dropping, and he managed to get Clover (they arrived together - not my fault) pregnant :roll: (Sadly her single baby died :cry: ) I reckon he was 6-8 months old then, and def not finished growing. I never heard whether the kitchen full of does he was living with before he came here were all pregnant :shock: Hopefully not :?

He is bigger than Tilly, the resident French Lop, but still on the small end of Giant, although not many people call him small to his face :lol: He'd set Clover on them and she is a force to be reckoned with :wink:

bunnylove said:
they are fully grown at 8 months and full out til the are 18 months, flemish are the smallest of the uppy eared giants!

The SMALLEST...... :shock:

*THUD*

.....faints again!!

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
bunnylove said:

The SMALLEST...... :shock:

*THUD*

.....faints again!!

Janex

:shock: :shock: :shock:

*DIES*

Gets brought to life.

*DIES AGAIN*

m
xx

Jane, I don't know if British flemish are any different (some of the breed standards are different), but I've been told by breeders and pet owners over here that they don't reach their max weight until at least 1.5 years. Although they do slow down around 1 year.

Just think of all you have to look forward to! :D

bunnylove said:
Jack's-Jane said:
bunnylove said:
Jack's-Jane said:
Looks like a house move may become an essential then...... :shock:

Janex

why? is she preggers then :love: :love:

Think we are out of the danger zone as far as that's concerned. Its just her!!

Janex

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

God, I'd be turning up on your doorstep if she was pregnant !!

Like' HELP BABY GIANTS'............. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
bunnylove said:
Jack's-Jane said:
bunnylove said:
Jack's-Jane said:

Janex

Janex

Janex

that may have been a problem :shock: :lol: :lol: my nan in law drives me made every time she comes her (cential demeture :wink: ) she says so when you breeding hermonie then i want one, i have told her a ZILLION times that she is speyed :lol: :lol: :lol:

bunnylove said:
Jack's-Jane said:
bunnylove said:
Jack's-Jane said:
bunnylove said:
Jack's-Jane said:

Janex

Janex

Janex

that may have been a problem :shock: :lol: :lol: my nan in law drives me made every time she comes her (cential demeture :wink: ) she says so when you breeding hermonie then i want one, i have told her a ZILLION times that she is speyed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Janex

Back