• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits on ebay :(

Hope some kind of contact is made before the ads are deleted :? Might be able to point in diection of rescue or something

Wasn't there some kind of standard email somewhere for us to copy and send to this sort of thing?

Yes it is against the rules but I don't think it's any worse than trying to sell an animal through the freeads..?

The trouble is once they're reported and removed there's no way to help the animals.

I'm nowhere near either of them so I posted about them in case there was someone nearby who could help.... if anyone can help I have got the contact details for them both.

tigerbabe said:
Yes it is against the rules but I don't think it's any worse than trying to sell an animal through the freeads..?

The trouble is once they're reported and removed there's no way to help the animals.

I'm nowhere near either of them so I posted about them in case there was someone nearby who could help.... if anyone can help I have got the contact details for them both.

Thats True I Guess. Good Point.

m
xx

Bavarian Bunny said:
I know they sell duck eggs and water snails and koi carps on ebay, but I have never seen bunnies before. :(

Rabbits, rats, hamsters... I've seen all sorts on there. Sometimes it's because people just don't know what else to do and a gentle nudge in the right direction is all it takes.

I got Chloe from ebay :shock: I thought I'd get the womans ebay ID before the auction got pulled, then I emailed her afterwards and went and collected the little precious :D She now lives very happily at Ebony Eyes :D :D

I guess the only 'good' thing is that if people are prepared to out-bid each other for a rabbit, they must really want it, rather than looking for a free one :?

Fingers crossed the owners of these ones manage to find them great new homes. xx

This is the reply I got to the first one :shock:
thanks for your advice if your not interested in it then dont contact me. Do u really think i wud let it go to a home that wud do that.the rabbit is vaccinated n speyed and guess what its even micro chipped
goodbye

and this is the reply from the other one which sounds a bit more promising
I have a home for her to go to now it was only due to me starting work. I got her a few weeks ago from a friend who wasn't looking after her so I took her and now she is being rehomed.

OMG the first one sounds like a delightful person. I think the rabbit will probably be in safer hands away from her :D

Sue&Sooty said:
This is the reply I got to the first one :shock:
thanks for your advice if your not interested in it then dont contact me. Do u really think i wud let it go to a home that wud do that.the rabbit is vaccinated n speyed and guess what its even micro chipped
goodbye

sorry but why do I find this just a little bit unbelievable..... I love my buns to bits and spend a small fortune on them both on Vets bills (should they miss passing a poo :roll: ) or on goodies, yet they aren't microchipped..... apologies to the ...err, seller.. if I'm wrong but it just does not sound right

Back