• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just took my hay to the tip ...

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
... (all 12 binliners of it!) and theres a new man working there, He asked if I had ponies!! :oops: :lol: I said, Um Nope - Rabbits. He said 'Rabbits?! How many?!' eerm .. 2!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Xx

sillyrabbit said:
:lol:

they do get through a lot!!

They do .. he was really lovely though. Because its bunny cr*p, all the others sit and watch us struggle, If its an old TV - They dive in to help you. :roll: He still helped even though he got wee on his hands :oops: ... His face was a picture :lol: X

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know how you feel, I think I'm going to have to start composting my bunnies hay/straw/megazorb/poop I have to much of it in our weelie bin! :oops: :lol:

We might have to start taking the litter to the tip aswell. Now we get our bin emptied every two weeks it's full of bunny poo after a couple of days.

well at least someone else is having the same problem as me :lol:

our bin is always full again by the end of week 1 and we have to wait another week for it to be emptied - my compost bin is full (and the resident mice are still enjoying it!) and i've been banned from sticking it in my mums bin

so i reckon ill start going to the tip once a week as 4 rabbit litter trays, 1 piggie litter tray and 1 piggy cage create a lot of mess every week!

We tend to do a tip run every other week. The council round here is VERY strict about rubbish! You have to use special blue bags and are only allowed two per household :shock: The woman across the road once left 3 bags out and the binmen refused to take them! :shock: They're trying to get everyone to recycle more but how exactly do you recycle used cat litter and peed on hay??? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We only just about fit all the stuff in out "garden" waste bin, you have to be quite forceful about pushing it all down!! There's no hope that the actual garden trimmings will fit it!!

Bundle said:
They're trying to get everyone to recycle more but how exactly do you recycle used cat litter and peed on hay??? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Compost bins need peed on hay as it helps break everything down. We try to put as much hay as we can into our compost bin!

We have a green bin (recycling bin for garden waste etc) that is collected every other week, so I put all the buns waste in there. It gets very full (especially with my messy foster bun Thumper!) so I do end up with bin bags too!!!

Carob said:
Bundle said:
They're trying to get everyone to recycle more but how exactly do you recycle used cat litter and peed on hay??? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Compost bins need peed on hay as it helps break everything down. We try to put as much hay as we can into our compost bin!

I would definitely do that if we had a compost bin, but we don't have one, in fact we don't even have a garden to put one in! :shock: Strangely enough despite not having a garden we have got a wheelie bin that is just for garden waste. Do you think the used cat litter (wood-based) could go in the garden waste bin along with the peed on hay?

we aren't allowed to put animal waste in our green bins - no cat litter, no hay etc

i think its because the waste is used to make compost for farms locally and they dont want to risk any disease

but it is a pain as we actually have all of 1 bin bag of household waste between us every fortnight and the rest is bunny stuff

sarahbarnsley said:
we aren't allowed to put animal waste in our green bins - no cat litter, no hay etc

i think its because the waste is used to make compost for farms locally and they dont want to risk any disease

but it is a pain as we actually have all of 1 bin bag of household waste between us every fortnight and the rest is bunny stuff

At our old house we put the wood pellet bunny waste in it and they wouldn't take it!! I understand why they don't take dog and cat waste but I've read that bunny poo is better than horse manure (sp) for the garden so I didn't understand what the problem was. We cut the grass and cover it up then they took the bin. It's so annoying cause if they introduce this new system of weighing waste then we'll have a problem.

All my bunny waste goes to the tip now :D Has to be triple bagged though and I have to tell them what it is so they don't got rummaging in it looking for stuff to salvage :shock: The guys where I go are quite helpful and will always give me a hand if I need it :D

Back