• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog eating bunny poop?

animus

Mama Doe
Today is the second time I've noticed my dog, Carrie, eating Crunchie's poop.
Is this normal behaviour?!
I try to stop her doing it but she manages to run away before I can get it out of her mouth.
Is this dangerous for her?
Other than this, she is a perfectly healthy 5 year old King Charles Spaniel :)

Hi
Just wanted to say that my 10mth old cavalier king charles spaniel does the same!!!
How odd!!!
I have never noticed it doing any harm to my pup!
It makes me feel sick when i see her do it!
Leesa.

Ven does it all the time .. Also with cow poo .. when he was younger, cat poo too .. I just thought it was normal :? Never done him any harm X

I also have a cavalier King Charles Spaniel - he's nearly 6. He actually follows Austin (bun) around the garden and eats his poop pretty much as it lands on the floor :shock: . It is disgusting but after all these years I have given up trying to stop him.

The amount of times I would be in the garden sweeping the grass to get the worst of the poop up!
:roll: :lol:

I remember when I had a rabbit as a child, the dog used to 'clean up' after him. :shock: :roll:

I think it's in a dog's nature to eat all manner of disgusting things! Mine would eat poo of any variety and if they were "lucky" enough to find any dead things even better! :shock: :lol: :lol: The worst thing one of my dogs ever ate (I strongly advise anyone with a queasy disposition not to read any further!....) was a maggot-ridden baby bird that had fallen out of a nest in the eaves onto our drive. :shock: She found it before we could stop her and promptly grabbed it. My OH was trying desperately to get her to drop it but this made her all the more determined and she threw her head back and swallowed it down. Maggots were dropping out of her mouth and it was truly the most disgusting thing I've ever seen :shock: I fully expected her to be very sick but she must have a cast iron stomach because she suffered no ill effects whatsoever! What you have to remeber is that dog's are quite disgusting creatures and what is offensive to us is nectar to them! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine are always eating bunny poo,they sniff the bunnys bums trying to get it to come out they think there treat machines! :lol:

dog eating bunny pooh

My dogs are always clearing up after my rabbits, it doesn't do them any harm, they also quite like horse and guinea pig pooh !!!

All these animals are vegetarian so I don't think it's too bad. Eating cat pooh is disgusting because it stinks !!!! As does fox pooh

Back