• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

someone offered me a bunny

touie

Wise Old Thumper
it's a really lovely bunny (Magpie Lionlop) but she was mated last weekend,
am I right in thinking rabbits release eggs when they're mated so she most likely is pregnant?

touie said:
it's a really lovely bunny (Magpie Lionlop) but she was mated last weekend, how could you mate a bunny one weekend and want to get rid of it the next :shock: :?

am I right in thinking rabbits release eggs when they're mated so she most likely is pregnant?

If she was mated she is likely to be pregnant

Janex

yes thats what i thought maybe I should say that if she still needs a home in a few weeks time if she doesn't have any babies I'll have her,

You could get an emergency spay done otherwise 30 days to know if she's pregnant.

Tam

ooh I didn't think of that I guess if they were only put together last weekend it wouldn't be too late. Maybe I should have a chat with my vet on monday.

I think the bunny in question is only 5 months old can they spay that early?

well I've emailed them back asking what they think so just waiting to hear now

this is the little girl in question, doesn't look much like a lop in this pic though lol
bunny.jpg

touie said:
Carob said:
Is she local Touie?

yes very local to me I think I started a post about her last week I was going to leave it because she was at a breeders but i couldn't help thinking about the poor bun! I think they've decided not to breed now but i still can't understand how you could plan to breed one weekend and get rid of all your rabbits the next :?

well if you need an gorgeous angora to go with her i know wheres therrs one :wink: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: aww I'd love more bunnies but 6 really is the maximum I think, I've only got a 20' garden. I need to find myself a nice boyfriend with a big garden i think :lol:

Back