• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How did you think of your bunny's names?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
Hazel; because i loved watership down
crookshanks: becuase i liked Harry Potter
dandilion :watership down again
holland: it was in a book
ash: was named that when we got him
holly: looks like hazel, and that was going to be hazel's name
flopsy: I couldn't think of a better one. :lol:

teegra he looked like a tiger but i wanted something a bit different so looked on a naming website and apparently it is greek or something for tiger :? , duchess was already named :D

My boys chose all our bunnies names.
Sooty cos he's black
Holly cos we got her near Christmas
Sweep cos she's black and it goes with Sooty
Bluey cos she had blue eyes when she was a baby

My current bunnies already had their names when I got them.

My other bunnies had rather silly names, because I could not think of anything better. :lol: Bridge bunnies Klopfer, Bürschi and Flopsi. And my senior bunny in Germany, Popsel. (he should have been Pepsi, but then I found out he was a boy)

I said OH could help me pick and he wanted the 2 names to have some sort of theme. We have a friend with a bunny called Basil and so went for Polly and Sybil, keeping to the faulty towers theme!

Blaise- I searched for 5 weeks :)roll:) for a good name, but I wanted it to be somewhat unusual! Then finally I was tired of calling him 'baby' and I just picked a name!! Blaise is just a different spelling for "Blaze" :lol:

Oliver- Just a cute name :D

And my bridge bunnies-

Daisy- went well with Blaise (because Blaisey is one if his nicknames)

Charlie- Was origionally Chloe, and when we found out she was actually a he, I wanted his new name to be somewhat similar!

Leah xx

they just looked like their names if you know what i mean. it's just me but i always like to call animals by 'real' names (i.e. not flopsy and mittens etc) not that there's anything wrong with them, i jsut prefer human names for some reason. it took me ages to see what name suited each one but they fit their personalities and appearance so well :D

Clio - ALWAYS been my favourite girls name
Jasper - already named
Tia-Lucy - have always liked those names, couldn't decide whether to call her Tia or Lucy so did both ;)
Wiffles, Whistler, Teddy - already named
And bridge bun James named after a boy I like when James was born :oops: :lol:

buddabun said:
they just looked like their names if you know what i mean. it's just me but i always like to call animals by 'real' names (i.e. not flopsy and mittens etc) not that there's anything wrong with them, i jsut prefer human names for some reason. it took me ages to see what name suited each one but they fit their personalities and appearance so well :D

Me too - I prefer 'human' names. Vincent was named after Vince Clortho (anyone who remembers Ghostbusters will get the reference there :lol: ). As for Jacob, I just thought it was a nice name! I tried Jude first, but Jacob just suited her better (of course at that point I thought she was a he :lol: )

Biscuit - Chocolate biscuit coloured!
Charlie - It was just the most obvious name to call him, he suited it
Tilly-May - Theres a really freaky story behind this!!
Boo - Laura's fault :lol:

Mine came with names - Piper and Princess Fiona! :shock:

Anyway, we decided on Clover (as a cute bunny name), and Dusty, due to the colouring of the bunny (very adventurous!). Anyway, it has turned out that Dusty was Princess Fiona, and I actually think her original name was probably more suitable for her, as she is a right little glamour-bun. :lol:

Jet: Cause shes a black dutch. Jet Black.
Shadow: I had a dream a few days before i collet her and i had a rabbit in my dream call Shadow.
Stud: Cause hes a only boy.
Missy: Cause she is much bigger than the other and cause shes Queen Bee!

:lol: :lol:

m
xx

xEMMAx said:
beckiboo186 said:
Tilly-May - Theres a really freaky story behind this!!

You can't just leave it at that Becki! What's the story?? :lol: :lol:

Sorry .. It's not actually that amazing :oops: In the car on the way back from getting Till (little baby Tilly!!) she didnt have a name, so I said, What shall we call her .. and at the exact second, Me, Dad & Kate all looked at her and just went 'Tilly' :shock: Which was pretty weird, but the scariest thing is, we found out that elaine was a forum lady and had a website, so we had a look, and Tills was still on it .... called Tilly!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: ... Then the 'May' part came a few days later :lol: X

loopylop said:
beckiboo186 said:

:lol: Suits her though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Certainly does :wink: Also .. she's always jumping out on you, She pounced on me the other day, Didnt even know she was in the room - almost killed me!! :shock: :lol: :lol: X

beckiboo186 said:
loopylop said:
beckiboo186 said:

Certainly does :wink: Also .. she's always jumping out on you, She pounced on me the other day, Didnt even know she was in the room - almost killed me!! :shock: :lol: :lol: X

Becki.........

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

loopylop said:
beckiboo186 said:
loopylop said:
beckiboo186 said:

Becki.........

ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!! I have Boo here chewing my jumper, if your on msn and fancy a peek?! :wink: X

beckiboo186 said:
loopylop said:
beckiboo186 said:
loopylop said:
beckiboo186 said:

Becki.........

ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!! I have Boo here chewing my jumper, if your on msn and fancy a peek?! :wink: X

R u on msn?! :? Doesn't say you are!!!! :?

Back