• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what size

touie

Wise Old Thumper
I'm going to have to buy Sugarplum and Splodge a new hutch and run because they only have a 5' x 2' x 2' hutch at the moment, and the run's not very high so sugarplum won't be able to stand up in it when she's grown up.

I don't have room for another shed (it will block the kitchen window!) so I'm wondering will a 6' x 2' x 2' hutch with attached run be adequate room for a frenchie and a small bunny to share? and what size run would i need. They will have lots of access to the garden as well!

upto 4' in height will be ok. Just going to see how tall playhouses are, only problem is unless you can pick up a second hand one they work out quite expensive don't they?

Tamsin said:
Would a children's playhouse be low enough to avoid the window?

Good idea :thumb:

I dont think a 2ft high hutch is big enough for a Frenchie. I think they really do need a shed or Playhouse

Janex

I think the hutch Touie would be too small. When I brought my frenchie girls home as an emergency and I put them temporarily in my hutch, around the size you mentioned, there was no room for them to move around. I let them have the kitchen instead :lol: They also seem to spend their time on their back two legs upright and they are very tall so sugarplum will need a good height. Good idea to look at playhouses.

umm, maybe a dog kennel or I think someone here has a converted tool cupboard (mini shed).

thanks i'll have to have a good look as i can't find any at the moment. The dog kennels of appropriate size were about £400 :shock: and the only tool shed i could find was too small. I guess I've got a few months to find one though as she's only a baby :?

My friend's (GemmaH) husband has made her a hutch for her french lops. It's 8 ft wide x 3 x 3 I think, and it's plenty big enough with an attached run and freerange too. Maybe find a carpenter to make one to fit your space?? That way you get one extra deep and high.

Back