• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holly - total change in personality

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
Hi all,
When i first got Holly she was timid, hated being picked up etc. She then got really tame, loved a stroke, greeted me when i went to the hutch.

The last two weeks she runs away from me, will not let me stroke her and looks scared of me.

I have done nothing different but its quite upsetting as i actually think the hates me :cry:

is it a girly bun thing? she has been spayed??

has this happened to anyone else??

Awwwww Bonnie she doesn't hate you.
She may have a bit of discomfort some-where making her feel grumpy. Have you checked her ears. Mandy, at the Vets has a French Lop who started to attack her :shock: She bought him in to see Christobel and it turns out he has ears full of pus :cry: There was nothing visible to the naked eye and he did not act 'ill' just VERY grumpy. It was only when Christobel examined his ears with an oroscope that the infection was detected. After treatment Claude Monet (the French Lop :lol: ) is back to his friendly self.
So I'd suggest ruling out a physical problem first....teeth....ears....etc

Janex

that is a good idea Jane, she is the same still lovely to Alfie, does bunny hops all over the garden, eats its just with me which is making me think that maybe it isn't a phsyical problem?!

i'll give it another week and then get her checked over xx

thanks xx

She sounds just like Pippa who stamps and runs into the hutch when I go in the shed. Sometimes she forgets and runs up with MJ then suddenly remembers she's supposed to stamp and run :lol: :lol:

SOunds the same kayjay - but Holly doesn't stamp-YET!

I have just got soaked in the rain because they were out and she wouldn't let me pic her up to put her back!

**Bonnie** said:
SOunds the same kayjay - but Holly doesn't stamp-YET!

I have just got soaked in the rain because they were out and she wouldn't let me pic her up to put her back!

That sounds right, MJ comes to be picked up and I can cuddle him then it takes me ages to catch Pippa to put her back. She'll come over on her terms for a nose rub but without fail stamps when I go in the shed.

Females :roll:

Back