• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone have a shed without the run??

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
i am *fingers crossed** moving to a lovely new house in January :D

Garden is perfect, no holes for the buns to escape.

Anyway, at the end of the garden there are two sheds, one 6x4 and the other is prob twice as big with double doors opening the front.

It looks nice and new.

anyway, that will be the buns new home, however, it is raised and at present no room to add a run (unil shed nxt to it is knocked down)

So my plan was...

Get my brother to make two big holes with mesh on each door which faces the garden so the buns have lots of light and can see out.
It prob wont be until summer i can sort the end out with new paving slabs etc but, anyone done this?

I plan to have them free range in there!

can't wait, and i am going to have a chair in there for me!

mornings night they will be on the grass before and after work so they get to graze and be outside.

If anyone else has this set-up i would love to see a pic!

My buns are in a 10x6 shed. There are a couple of hutches in there, which they use as a loo only. I also have a tunnel and some boxes for them to play in. They have to saty in the shed during the week when I am at work but come out into the garden at weekends.

They seem happy enough :D

There are double doors at the front, but I only have one open with a meshed gate thing at the front. I am lucky enought to have two large windows so there is plenty of light.

i have a brick outter house in my garden which ive just recently changed about so Harv can have most of it to himself to hop about in. it doesnt have any run access because of it being brick walls but he comes out for a run in the garden twice a day for about half hour each time sometimes longer, aslong as it isnt peeing it down with rain. there are also windows in my shed and a light for when its dark and dismal. its nothing special. havent got any pics yet but will post one on thread as soon as i get one.

Yep I have a shed with no run attached - think it is 6x4. I can't attach one as all sides are taken up with fence, another shed + my Dad's pile of stuff and obv front of shed is where door is!!

She seems very happy in it though, has couple of beds, litter tray, tunnel etc and we are hopefully installing a shelf soon to add some height (when my Dad and I are both at home and free on a Sunday!!). She gets let out nearly every day for a run, depending upon weather + my work patterns. She is out at mo having good run - she gets let out more at weekends as my parents or I are at home, luckily I have days off in week usually so more often than not, in winter, it's only 2 or 3 days in the week she doesn't get a run around the garden. And in summer she gets let out every evening after work.

We have a mesh door so that I can open the main shed door during the day+ let light in + also have a light in there for the dark evenings!

Nicola

Back