• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Want A Shed Cheap!!

mit

Mama Doe
As most of you guys know ive started full time work now so i get some money in. Im get tired of cleaned the two massive hutchs out and am looking to get one shed and to attach my 7ftX3ft run.

So my main question is were did you guys get yours from?

AND

Know of any companys that do them cheap?

m
xx

I See.

Not sure what sizes i need. :?

Looking in getting a shed for my four buns, also maybe a shed for two large/gaint buns. (Im just researching, not get gaints anytime soon so dont worry).

m
xx

I'm probably not the best person to advise cos I always want to go bigger... that's why I've gone through 7 rat cages in a couple of years :oops: :lol:

The 8x6 is a nice size and I'd say it'd probably house 4 rabbits nicely especially with a run attached.

I liked the idea of getting 2 of the 6x4 sheds and building a walk-in run between them.

I could really come up with some ideas.. if only I could win the lottery to pay for them! Mind you I spose it'd help if I actually played the lottery to begin with :lol:

I've just had a thought, it might be worth going along to B&Q or somewhere and actually seeing the sheds in person. It'd definatly give you a better idea of what size you think is best for you.

If you have the space, why not get one huge shed, and use half for existing buns and half for your future giants? I was lucky and inherited two 6 x 4 sheds which have been joined together, each looks like this one:

http://www.shedstore.co.uk/itemlist.php/Shedstore_Economy/Overlap_Pent_75/findclas/Overlap_Pent_75

(I'm sure you can find cheaper sheds, just found this as it's similar to mine)

They're joined side by side with one central door and I use one half for Pippa and MJ and at the moment the other half for kids toys etc, but that's where my future French Lops will go :lol:

Cool. So could i keep two large/gaint buns in a 6ftx4ft shed and have a 7ftx3ft run attached to it. Would that been enough space? Need bigger?

m
xx

Mit a word of warning....if you are getting tired when only have 2 hutches to clean out PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ON ANY MORE RABBITS!
The will take time even if kept in an easier to maintain area...what if one is ill..or they all need medication or similar care?
With your four gorgeous bunsters and your cousins next door..which I thinki'm right in htat you help with? :? ....why not put all your time into these and don't risk wearing yourself out...only a few days ago you were really tired and depressed according to your own thread..so please think very carefully before adding to your workload. :D
this isn't meant to be nasty..I have your and the rabbits best interests in mind! :D

honeybunny said:
Mit a word of warning....if you are getting tired when only have 2 hutches to clean out PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ON ANY MORE RABBITS!
The will take time even if kept in an easier to maintain area...what if one is ill..or they all need medication or similar care?
With your four gorgeous bunsters and your cousins next door..which I thinki'm right in htat you help with? :? ....why not put all your time into these and don't risk wearing yourself out...only a few days ago you were really tired and depressed according to your own thread..so please think very carefully before adding to your workload. :D
this isn't meant to be nasty..I have your and the rabbits best interests in mind! :D

I Know! Like i said im not getting them anytime soon!

So Dont Worry!!

All i want to know is a good place to buy a shed.

Also IF i was to buy a Shed for two Giants what size would i need?

I know my own strength. This week has been a bad week for me, mostly due to one thing putting preasure on my mind. Im all good now. Things have been sorted. It was a billip that pushed me over the edge. Thanks you for your consern honeybunny (forgot your name :oops: sorry).

m
xx

Mit, I agree with Jill. You do have a great set up at your mums, but I can't see she will want a large shed in her area (even for you babe). What if you get offered the brilliant design job and need to move, you will then have to consider 6 bunnies. My advice would be not to expand your brood and to continue with the Thistle Hall until next summer and see how things are at that stage.

Hi Mit,
The last shed you put a link on looked good I think someone on here has made a hutch out of one of those and it looks really good.

Let me lay the cards out.

IM NOT GETTING ANY MORE BUNS.

Trust Me. Not for a while.

Im JUST researching sheds. Mum wants to get a shed for the buns, i never mentioned it to her. She came to me as she saw some pics on the net. We had a long chat yesterday after work. So i thought if i was gonna get some large/gaint buns in the disstant furture i would want to shed that works together. I dont want one shed the 6x4 one with a pointy roof and then a 8x10 one with a flat roof. Understand. Iwant them to be side by side and they look great together. :D

So would a 6x4 shed be ok for my four buns?
And what size shed would be best for two lareg/gaint buns?

m
xx

I see what you're saying mit... you'd rather buy a shed now thats big enough to house 2 giants just incase you ever get some in the future, rather than spending out on something now and then maybe is 5 years time or so having to spend out again cos it's not big enough.

Have I got it right?

If I were you I'd have a look at the space that I have avalible to put a shed into to and how much money I had to spend and then get the biggest size possible. Does that make sense?

Not really, but ish. I'm seen a 6x4 shed for the four buns I have and will want to get two large buns in abour 6 months. So I want to a shed that comes in 6x4 and also 7x5 (or another size) for the giants so both shedsa match. Mum like things that match. So there not a eye sore.

M
Xx

For giants I personally would get the biggest you can afford, you need to look at the floor area really. I've got roughly 6 x 6 space and by the time I've put a hutch in which they do like to go in and toys, etc there's not that much space and mine are dwarf lops.

Back