• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Post dental question

Jayne

Mama Doe
Hi just got back from collecting Gabbie from the vets after having her back teeth done (she's done well bless her, last time was July :D ) and obviously she's a bit dopey but I've noticed dried blood round her mouth and nose (they did tell me she bled a bit during the op but has been fine and eaten since) what I'm wondering is should I try to clean the blood off (if so how!) or should I leave it.Sorry for my ignorance :oops: ,I'm still on a learning curve here and just want to do the best for my precious baby.Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Thank you Jane (could you sense I was praying you'd answer! :D ) I've had a little dab at it but I don't want to hurt her so I'll try again later.Sylvie's been grooming her so she may well have sorted her out! I'm going to let her relax for a bit then check her over again,I love them so much but they are a worry!

Jayne said:
Thank you Jane (could you sense I was praying you'd answer! :D ) I've had a little dab at it but I don't want to hurt her so I'll try again later.Sylvie's been grooming her so she may well have sorted her out! I'm going to let her relax for a bit then check her over again,I love them so much but they are a worry!

I am sure she'll be just fine with Sylvie to look after her!!

Janex

Back