• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i have a theory

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
you know how fish grow to the size of their tank?
well i have a theory that buns grow to the size of their carrier!
example 1: my buns used to have a wire carrier which they both used to fit in, then they started to look a bit squished in there so i bought a bigger one which allowed them both to move around whilst allowing room for hay, toys etc.
example 2: i have just got the new carrier ready for its first trip to the vets when duchess (smelling the newly opened hay) came over to explore she hopped in and i was shocked to see that she now fills the carrier! so i took her out and popped teegs in there he also fills it

so i have come to the comclusion that a) buns grow to the size of their carrier, b)i will have to use all my tetris skills to stack them in there, c) im hoping it is just their winter coats bulking them up as the diet/amount hasnt changed and they dont feel fat, d) santa paws may have to squidge another new carrier on the back of his sleigh :roll:

My theory was to buy the largest carried that would fit onto the back seat of the car!! Well both carriers just fit, of you pop them on the back seats there is about a 3cm gap between them. If the rabbits get too big for them I will not only have to get a new carrier but a new car as well!!! (oohhh new car... me likes the idea of that one - dreams on for a little)

cheekytikki said:

Just to say fish don't grow to the size of their tank. Fish are stunted BY the size of their tank because it's too small because people think buying fish when they're babies are the size they're going to stay forever when in fact you should put fish in a tank with their predicted ADULT size. It's like keeping an Alsation puppy in a cat carrier and expecting it to stay that way.

Sorry just one of my gripes in the misconception of keeping fish.

Shiv

ShivyRex said:
cheekytikki said:

Just to say fish don't grow to the size of their tank. Fish are stunted BY the size of their tank because it's too small because people think buying fish when they're babies are the size they're going to stay forever when in fact you should put fish in a tank with their predicted ADULT size. It's like keeping an Alsation puppy in a cat carrier and expecting it to stay that way.

Shiv

ooops sorry :oops: learn something every day! (msut admit i was told they grew to the size of their tank)

Willow_Warren said:
My theory was to buy the largest carried that would fit onto the back seat of the car!! Well both carriers just fit, of you pop them on the back seats there is about a 3cm gap between them. If the rabbits get too big for them I will not only have to get a new carrier but a new car as well!!! (oohhh new car... me likes the idea of that one - dreams on for a little)

my car is already full of dog cages! i have a small gap between the end of the cage and the edge of my boot where either a small dog carrier or the rabbit carrier fits (most of the time if i go anywhere with the buns they are either strapped securely on the fron seat or being held onto by my passenger! :lol:

cheekytikki said:
ShivyRex said:
cheekytikki said:

Shiv

ooops sorry :oops: learn something every day! (msut admit i was told they grew to the size of their tank)

No probs ;) As you say - you learn something new everyday. Its nice to educate people. Letting fish be stunted by the size of their tank shortens their life span, enocurages diseases and makes their organs malform. It's not nice for them.

Glad some people know now though :)

cheekytikki said:

That is because you have stunted their growth. They still keep growing so you should really buy a sutiable tank at the begining to house them.

Customers tell me this all the time at work (advice from P@H :roll: ), but it really not true.

Back