• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reubens Last will and Testament

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
To whom it may concern,
My name is Reuben, although sometimes I am called Ruffy-fluffy and Reubey-doos. I reside in hutch number 1 at Honeybunnies in Narborough and have lived here for far too long now.
Jill, although sometimes we call her Jilly-joos (well we have to get our own back on the silly name front!), looks after me very well but needs my space for more rabbits whose owners can't cope.
She has tried to find me a home but no luck as I need space to have my mad times of running like a bun possessed!
So I have decided to make my will in preparation for my leaving her, as I have decided to go on hunger strike to allow my hutch to be empty.

I leave my dish (it's lovely has piccies of rabbits on it!), my water bottle, rattle, jingle ball, wooden chew and any uneaten caecatrophs to Mulberry (I've had my eye on her, rather a fiesty little bunkins :wink: ) She can also have my litter tray, I use it all the time and although Jill tries time and again to get rid of all my belongings in it, I always beat her as I just fill it up again. I'm sure Mulberry will love it.

Well that's all sorted, so I'm not going to eat anything else...well apart from this fresh pile of hay Jill has left here..shame to waste it and you can't start a hunger strike on an empty tum I always say.

Got to finish this typing (shows how long i've been here I've learnt how to type in my spare time!)..Jill's coming...oh, what's that she's carrying.....smells like carrots..and oooo spring greens..and , Oh no she's got APPLE........um
cancel this letter I'll think about this after I've eaten and maybe start next week.
Yours..with his mouth full..Reuben xx
ra.jpg

Last edited:
He's gorgeous. I remember seeing him in Rabbits in Need... awww, he's so pretty, I can't believe he hasn't found a home yet!

I want him!!! :cry: :love:

i thought he was dieng!! iwas about to burst into tears :oops:

look at my bunnies and think how amazingly cute he would look with them in their two storey shed... BTW the dutch isn't mine!

Arghhh! I thought it was going to be really bad news too :( I almost couldn't bring myself to open the thread!

Glad the lovely bunster is OK and tucking into his breakfast :lol:

I just don't understand why such a gorgeous bun is still looking for his forever home :( Has there been a few failed home checks? (hutches too small maybe? :cry:) or has just no one shown an interest :eek:

Morrigan1981 said:
Arghhh! I thought it was going to be really bad news too :( I almost couldn't bring myself to open the thread!

I just don't understand why such a gorgeous bun is still looking for his forever home :( Has there been a few failed home checks? (hutches too small maybe? :cry:) or has just no one shown an interest :eek:

i'm showing an intrest :lol:

cavysrock said:
Morrigan1981 said:

i'm showing an intrest :lol:

:lol: Sorry cavysrock, I did see your post... I just meant I was surprised that no one had shown an interest before now really, it looks like Reuben has been at Honeybunny's for ages and I can't believe he wasn't snapped up straight away! :( :love:

Jill lol, that did make me chuckle. Poor little thing though. He is a hotty bunny, is it mainly the 'lots of space' thing that is putting people off do you think?

Reuben has had several people apply to adopt him but 3 have failed homechecks..one so badly I tried to take thie existing bunnies away :( ..and others just because they don't take on board the info that I keep stating..he does need space..although he is happy to sit in his hutch when he comes out in the run he goes bananas...so a very large hutch with a VERY Large, secure run is a must. He doesn't like being picked up or stroked much..he just wants to be a bunny..although with lots of one to one attention he may well bond with a new owner.

aww, for him i would get the biggest shed in the world, holly used to hate being picked up but now she loves having cuddles and nose rubs

i want him soo much, i think bout him loads :oops: and how he has been waiting for a home for such a long time :cry: i drew a really cute pictutre of Holly, Flopsy and Reuben snuggled up together in a nest of hay ( i sound like a three year old :oops: )

honeybunny said:
Reuben has had several people apply to adopt him but 3 have failed homechecks..one so badly I tried to take thie existing bunnies away :(.

:shock: My goodness... that's awful :(

honeybunny said:
.and others just because they don't take on board the info that I keep stating..he does need space..although he is happy to sit in his hutch when he comes out in the run he goes bananas...so a very large hutch with a VERY Large, secure run is a must. He doesn't like being picked up or stroked much..he just wants to be a bunny..although with lots of one to one attention he may well bond with a new owner.

Fingers crossed that Reuben finds a home with everything he needs soon :( He sounds a bit like Jacob - she seems quite happy in her hutch and it's large enough for her to be able to run and binky in there, but she does go utterly manic when she has a totally free rein! Nothing beats having LOTS of room for binkying :D I guess the ideal for Reuben would be somewhere were he has free access to a run, so he can charge about as much as he likes. Awww...good luck gorgeous bun :love: I have everything crossed for him! :love:

awwwww :( :( :( :( :(
poor lad :(
tell you what, if in the spring when the buns have their own private secure garden and catflap into the bunnyhouse, IF reuben is still with you, come have a look. if you like it and he gets on with my buns in the garden he can come live with me :wink:
could you pm me your requirements for this particular bun?
i dont really 'need' another bun, but come spring my buns will have double the space they are used to (3 meters by 6 meters at the mo, minus a bit :wink: ) i'm sure they would share with a handsome bun like reuben :D
poor birch is a bit under the thumb with all these wimmin, he might like another man around to talk about footie with :lol:

Don't stop eating if there is all that lovely food on offer - we wouldn't!!!

Jill has far too many nice treats on offer!

I'm sure a handsome bunny like you :oops: will find a forever home soon!

Love Polly and Sybil Bunnies (previous honeybunnies residents)

I want him - he's gorgeous, but he would have to share a home with Molly and Piper and I can see that ending in a lot of bum biting :roll: :lol:

Back