• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not suited to being house rabbits?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I fear Audrey and Rowan are going to have to move out to the summer house next spring :(

Id love to keep them as house rabbits but Audrey will just not stop chewing everything despite my best efforts, and it is causing difficulties with my boyfriend.

I understand it is rabbits nautral behaviour to do this, but it is so frustrating. Just since Ive been home Ive caught her about 15 times chewing various places around the house. Rowan never does it.

Ive tried nasty tasting sprays, soap rubbed round areas, spraying water and distracting with nice things to chew like willow and none help. She's chewed massive chunks on patches of skirting board :eek:

Helllppppp!

I'm having the same problem with BB at the moment. He won't chew his wooden chew toys or seagrass mat, oh no. My dining room table lags are taking a battering, the hutch, er me and my jeans. The throw over the chair has pretty much been eaten. Last night he surpassed himself. I had the guy I'm seeing over for dinner. BB quietly chewed away the heel of his sock whilst we were eating :oops:

I'm wondering whether there were "dominant male issues" going on...

Mandy. Don't know if this will help long term but it might give you a break. Mine are absolutley loving apple branches and they have kept them busy for a while. I could get some from my Mums on Sunday if you would like some. I imagine it's the bark chewing that she is trying to replicate.

IsabelM said:
Mandy. Don't know if this will help long term but it might give you a break. Mine are absolutley loving apple branches and they have kept them busy for a while. I could get some from my Mums on Sunday if you would like some. I imagine it's the bark chewing that she is trying to replicate.

Yes please, that would be brilliant! :D

Back