• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet bed

One thing I didn't realise is that "Vetbed" is a generic term and you get different qualities (e.g. like we use the word Hoover for a vacuum cleaner, whatever it's make). Some of the stuff I've bought of Ebay is not the real deal and clumps together when washed and bits cme off quite easily. :cry:
I'll be looking for the original Vetbed in future

luvabun said:
One thing I didn't realise is that "Vetbed" is a generic term and you get different qualities (e.g. like we use the word Hoover for a vacuum cleaner, whatever it's make). Some of the stuff I've bought of Ebay is not the real deal and clumps together when washed and bits cme off quite easily. :cry:
I'll be looking for the original Vetbed in future

If the stuff on Ebay was advertised as Vetbed but isn't, surely this would be false advertising? Just like a shop couldn't actually advertise another brand of vacuum cleaners as "Hoovers" when they're not.
Ignore me if I've assumed wrongly and it wasn't advertised as actual Vetbed!

That's a good point actually - I always assumed that vetbed was a generic term for veterinary bedding, but if you go to the vetbed.co.uk website, it clearly shows vetbed as a registered trade mark :?

I've just bought the rimmed beds with the thermal inserts. I'm thinking something could be done with a car windscreen sunshield, vet bed and a bit on imagination :)

norrielian said:
I've just ordered some stuff off ebay before reading the last few posts so hope it is the original?? What do you think?

Hate to say it but I don't think that's original, I've not seen that pattern on the original vetbed, plus they seem to have quite carefully worded it to say vet/pet bed and not use 'vetbed' as one word. Doesn't mean to say that it'll be rubbish though, I got some from argos a while ago (don't think they sell it any more) and it's quite good.

I've just got the one from bunnybasics. Has anyone else used it?? What do you think?? Does it wash well??

Thanks

Back