• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So funny! Not!

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
:cry: Why is it that people seem to delight in making evil quips about pet rabbits, but not cats or dogs?! It really gets on my nerves and they think they are so funny! Usually its men. For example, I'm at work and one of my colleagues who came over to look at my photos of kenya commented on my photos of my buns saying "haven't they gone in the pot yet?" He thinks he is so funny. My OH and his friends make similar jokes and to be honest its wearing really thin. :evil:

I know exactly what you mean. It's soooooo boring isn't it. As you say, why do people think its acceptable, they wouldn't talk about eating their dog/cat!!!

Yeah people are always saying things like that. I dont get annoyed about it though, theres no point IMO.

However, my boyfriends aunt recently heard about my rabbits being killed by a fox and when I next saw her she made a joke out of it. I truly couldnt believe it and just stared at her dumbfounded. :evil: :evil: :evil:

They were not 'just rabbits' to me, I loved them, they were part of my family. The boyfriend was very apologetic on her behalf, and sorry for having told her. Just wish i could have had a go at her, but it was a big family occassion and not the place.

mandy said:
but it was a big family occassion and not the place.

....your 'people skills' are way better than mine!! I'd have let her have BOTH BARRELS.... :evil: :evil:
....and if it was an eaty/drinky occassion what I had on my plate/in my glass would have gone OVER HER HEAD.... :evil: :evil:

I should have joined the Diplomatic Services....... :roll:

Janex

"What you having for diner tonight, Rabbit Strew?" :lol: :lol: :lol: Funny!

NOT! :evil:

Get the Rabbit Stew one a lot. People REALLY do think thier funny and orginal!! Idiots!

m
xx

yep i get the rabbit stew one aswell! i also to find when i tell people i have a rabbit they ask if its the battery opperated kind - laughing so hard they think they are witty! but ive heard it timeeeee and timeeeee again! boringgggggggggg zzzzz

Jack's-Jane said:
mandy said:
but it was a big family occassion and not the place.

....your 'people skills' are way better than mine!! I'd have let her have BOTH BARRELS.... :evil: :evil:
....and if it was an eaty/drinky occassion what I had on my plate/in my glass would have gone OVER HER HEAD.... :evil: :evil:

I should have joined the Diplomatic Services....... :roll:

Janex

I think it was probably more to do with just being so shocked. I really was absolutely furious and very upset :evil: :evil: :evil: .

Had a massive row with OH afterwards as I couldnt understand how on earth it could have come up in conversation and felt he must have been laughing about it too, but he did explain himself.

Yes, I've had the "putting bunnies in the pot" quips on several occasions too. How original, not.

Also, in the summer, whenever BBQ's were mentioned at work, everyone said how good it would be to have one at my house as three bunnies would feed a lot of people :evil:

Kate x

This annoys and hurts me sooo much! :evil: :evil: When Weedie had his op last week my dad said "why waste all that money on a rabbit? should have just cooked him instead" and I'm so sick of all the "good for eating" comments etc.

My response was (not very nice I know :oops: ) "well why should the NHS have wasted all that money on your hip operation when you're a cantankerous old git?"

It just really gets my goat :evil: :evil: People don't make comments like that about a dog or cat why should rabbits be any different?

I get those jokes too,, not from my family or my boyfriends family but from neighbours and friends/family of neighbours. I usually just manage a polite nod in response.
The only one who loves my rabbits as much as me is the 3 year old next door, she adores them and I happily let her get in their run with them for a cuddle.

[/quote]and if it was an eaty/drinky occassion what I had on my plate/in my glass would have gone OVER HER HEAD....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bundle said:
My response was (not very nice I know :oops: ) "well why should the NHS have wasted all that money on your hip operation when you're a cantankerous old git?"

Sorry, but :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I tend to either
1) not tell people about the bunnies
2) completely ignore their comments. It's just like kids - they're only after a reaction, so if they don't get one they'll stop.

Bundle thats hilarious :lol: :lol:
Mandy, I don't know how you managed to keep your cool, I would have plotted a nice bit of revenge there.

Its strange how original humans think they are. I once worked as an usher and literally had to deal with 1000 people in a short space of time several times a day and it was amazing that virtually every other person would say exactly the same thing. I get "Rabbit pie" a lot. I have mastered the 'death by look' pose. They don't tend to mess with me after that :D

Back