• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

our house buns scratching lots..our kittens have fleas

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Our almost 3 month old kittens have fleas again! I used frontline spary the first time about a month ago and was due to do it again..butthey just had hteir vaccinations and bertie the were rabbit had his vhd with anti inflammatory jab..
I cannot see ANY sign of fleas on the buns but they are scratching lots..
our vets losing the only rabbit savvy vet there..but i have read online that its safe to use ADVANTAGE or REVOLUTION on bunnies..but i cannot find a dose chart anywhere!
I have used XENEX ultra on two of my bunnies hwove passed now..and both bunnies had the same reaction..burnt skin! And i washed it off when it happened too! I know im far from alone with the xenex ultra reactions so i want to avoid it at all costs1
has anyone ever treated their buns for fleas/
Oh and btw i didnt do the kits as thoroughly as i should have that time..they were so small for their age it was very hard.
as for environment well my house got flooded so its my fault houseworks very basic! I have got a new steam cleanrer however..the rabbit savvy vet at an the old practice with my first house bun recommended a weekly blast with a steam cleaner on beds carpets and pet bedding and furniture and skirting bards..it kills the fleas in coccons which nothing else does! It kills fleas..and dustmites and is far safer for the buns instead of laying in chemicals even tho theyre dried off...
i got my cleaner from rosebys in waterlooville and its a vax one..£49.99

thwe rabbits avvy vet i have now said its a good idea..and for cleaning bunnies trays etc..

any help on flea dosage wonderfully accepted!! please and thank you!

Are you certain the rabbits have fleas and not mites? If they have enough fleas to make them that itchy you should be able to find fleas or atleast flea dirt.

Tam

:? well thats what i thought! But you know even combing with a nit comb/flea comb i cannot find anything on either bun..nio red patches either..but it is possible i guess that seeing as they are having a slow moult..especially bertie..that it could be just that making them itchy and im a paranoid bunny mummy! :)

i guess that seeing as theyve both gone through so much before living together and to be honest since..that i fuss over them all the time with issues like that!!
Berties always got real itchy ears but theres never anything wrong no mateer which vet i see!
One vet actually told me that with lops their ears have tingles etc due to the fact in nature their ears do not droop..and as they do its a kinda tickle crossed with pins and needles she reckoned..

i am going to kep a very close eye on them all!

Back