• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Grooming question

Bundle

Mama Doe
What is the best thing to use to groom a bunny and are there any special techniques to use? Bundle HATES being groomed with a passion and refuses to sit still at all :roll: I hate having to hold her down to do it and just don't know what the best way to handle her would be.

In every other way she is so good, loves to be cuddled and kissed just hates to be groomed. I've tried with a metal comb and with a slicker brush but the slicker brush is useless. She has a very thick coat and I need to be able to get through it easily. Also how the heck do you do their tummies and underneath :?: :shock: :lol: there is no way on earth I'd ever get her to lie on her back for it and she's got a few matted bits underneath that so far I've chopped out (carefully!) with some small scissors....

Any suggestions gratefully received :D

Im having trouble grooming scarlett too. and she is all fluffy so has to be groomed everyday to get the knots out!!

malibu and trip love being groomed

The best brush that I've found is a dog/cat groomer from Wilkos.... it's gor a brush on one side and spikes on the other and is bigger than your regular rabbit grooming brush. It was a bargain at about £2.50 :D I do flip my buns over for a tummy brush... thankfully it only takes a few seconds as they would not stay like that for any length of time

luvabun said:
The best brush that I've found is a dog/cat groomer from Wilkos.... it's gor a brush on one side and spikes on the other and is bigger than your regular rabbit grooming brush. It was a bargain at about £2.50 :D I do flip my buns over for a tummy brush... thankfully it only takes a few seconds as they would not stay like that for any length of time

Gonna get me one of those!! Sounds Fab!
And for £2.50 what more do you want!

m
xx

I use a zoom groom which is actually a cat brush but its great. It really gets the loose fur off and they don't seem to mind too much as its made of soft rubber. I got mine from my vets but i think you can get them in lots of places.

I use a cat flea comb and another comb which has alternate short and long teeth for my long haired bunnies. Simba and Nala sit really still to be combed and let me turn them over to do their legs, under their chin and bottoms. Fifi tho is a different story and doesnt sit still for 2 seconds!! :roll: :lol: Luckily she hasnt got a very thick coat so doesnt knot

Back