• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lovely rex but no kids

Aww ... Maybe if you got in touch with them and explained you are sole owner of the buns, They might re-consider? Guess they're trying to stop people asking to adopt buns for their kids :? Just call them, Cant do no harm :D He's absolutley gorgeous, and im sure he'd love to come and live with you & Fudge :wink: X

I'm sure if your rang them up and explained to them they'd understand, :D they probably just don't want him to be given to little kids to look after on their own.

I think it's enlightening that for once, Joe Public is recognising that in the majority of cases, buns are not suitable pets for children. Your mission (should you choose to accept it :wink: ) is to persuade the seller that you and your children are responsible rabbit carers..... good luck :D

I agree with what everyone else has said.

They are your pets arent they? I would think the sellers just worried about a 5 year old being left to care for them!

Worth asking methinks.

Can't hurt to ask them. Maybe the bunny had some bad experiences with children. My boys aren't very interested in our bunnies, they know they are not allowed to pick them up or do anything else without my permission and me being there to supervise them. The most they usually do is feed some parsley.

How old is your child?

mine is 12 so perfectly capable of looking after a rabbit anyway, but they are my bunnies :D

14?! :shock: I had my first rabbit when I was 6 and did great with them! Not ALL children are bad with buns ;)

xEMMAx said:
14?! :shock: I had my first rabbit when I was 6 and did great with them! Not ALL children are bad with buns ;)

Yes me too Emma, and I made that comment about 5 years earlier in this thread :oops: :lol:

My sister was 12 though and we looked after them between us. We both adored animal though and never got bored of them.

I think I was 12 or 13 when I got my first two bunnies. And did all the work myself.
But the owner may have a reason for her "14 and over", and that has to be respected.

Back