• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi jab

Groovychick1804

Warren Scout
My rabbit Misty, had her Myxi jab. She had abit in her ear and the rest in the top of her back! He said the bit on the ear might blister and scab over but this is normal.

Is there ant other info I need to know?

hi yes 10% must be injected into the skin..hence inthe base of the ear and sometimes this can cause a reaction..anything from a small lump to a large scab the size of a 2p ...just keep an eye on it and if at all worried get your vet to have a look. Most rabbits don't react so hopefully yours will be amongst those :D

I never knew that, I took all 5 of mine in for vacs on Saturday, 4 of which had their myxi vac and was never told that :shock:

Lynda did you go to the vet vacs clinic? If so they do it correctly there..if your buns didn't have the 10% into the skin the vacs will not be as effective...some vets do the skin bit in the back ...if you feel it wasn't administered correctly go back and ask why not and ge them to re do it...FOC...if you've paid for it then you have every right to question how they inject it.

Back