• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
The girls will only play with willow toys, but there is no way I can afford for them to go through 3 each every day (even more if i let them!) ... but they just wont play with other toys and i feel so bad leaving them with toys they dont want :? Is there an answer do you think? :) X

Have you tried a hay tube from P@H? mine love running and chasing each other through it and it's also good to nibble on if they feel like it :wink: :lol: Have had mine a couple of weeks now and they really love it. bought a stack of willow balls too and Weedie rolls them around and plays with them but fatty Bundle just eats them :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Bundle said:
Have you tried a hay tube from P@H? mine love running and chasing each other through it and it's also good to nibble on if they feel like it :wink: :lol: Have had mine a couple of weeks now and they really love it. bought a stack of willow balls too and Weedie rolls them around and plays with them but fatty Bundle just eats them :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Ooh I didnt know they did ones they can actually get through, Only seen the small ones. Thanks for that :thumb: X

If you can find a willow tree and feel creative, you could try making some willow toys? :?
A lady on a guineapig forum made some lovely toys and apparently fine to eat.

Have you checked for willow or grapevine things in craft stores? That's where I get mine. You might have to do a little investigating to make sure they haven't been treated with anything. I buy mini grapevine wreaths in packs of five for $1, and my buns love them. I also get untreated wicker and grass baskets.

If you have a willow tree you can make them. I have. They're ugly but the buns think they taste fab. You have to dry them in the oven at low setting for a few hours, although I've never found out why. It might just be to prevent mold.

what about the big bundles of willow sticks? mine have had theirs ages (although they ate through a large willow ball in one day) also you could take the bundle apart and just give one or two sticks a day maybe?

Do they like Wicker and seagrass Becki? If so you could look aroud ikea and places, they do some wicker and seagrass baskets they could chew on and climb in. :D

Bundle said:

Ive seen this Hay Tube. Sounds ACE!! Might need to geth them one of those.

Eeeek! Christmas is gonna be a expensive on this year. :oops:

m
xx

mit said:
Bundle said:

Ive seen this Hay Tube. Sounds ACE!! Might need to geth them one of those.

Eeeek! Christmas is gonna be a expensive on this year. :oops:

m
xx

From memory I think it was about £7.99 but could have been £4.99 (even better :lol: ) Mine really love it and spend hours chasing each other through it :lol: and even though they've both had a good nibble it's pretty indestructible - barely a dent made in it!

I always think my buns dont play with their toys as I cant see them when they are in their shed but there is normally a toy for me in their food bowl each morning so they must play. Maybe it is when they see you they would rather play with you but they could be playing when you are not there? :D

How about apple tree branches. That keeps mine occupied (not exactly a toy but...) or another fun game (or is it more fun for me?) give them one carrot/cabbage leag etc and watch them chase each other (no I think it definatley is more fun for me) lots of binkying with that!

bunny_burrows said:
Do they like Wicker and seagrass Becki? If so you could look aroud ikea and places, they do some wicker and seagrass baskets they could chew on and climb in. :D
I've seen the stuff in Ikea but would suspect that it's been treated with something that may possibly be harmful for buns :shock:

luvabun said:
bunny_burrows said:
I've seen the stuff in Ikea but would suspect that it's been treated with something that may possibly be harmful for buns :shock:

I think alot of stuff in Ikea is untreated as you have to finish a lot of things yourself. :D

Try hanging the toys up, they last slightly longer as they move when you bite them. Do it quite high so they have to stretch ;)

My mum and dad came to visit at the weekend and my dad hung a carrot from string in their cage. It took them a lot longer than usual to eat it, involved them doing more exercise and was very funny to watch!
I've since tried hanging their veg feeded ball a bit higher too.
So sounds like a good idea for the willow balls etc too...

Oddly mine ate most of their first willow ball in a day, but they still have the last bit and it's been in there several weeks now!

I stuff the willow balls with their morning veg, they then spend a while pulling the veg out, but they usually leave the balls intact. :D

Flick said:
Oddly mine ate most of their first willow ball in a day, but they still have the last bit and it's been in there several weeks now!

Ohh mine did that too!! :lol: :lol:

Back