• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found Black and White Rex.....

Tiger Lilly

Warren Scout
Hi all.
I work in an office above a veterinary clinic and yesterday a young boy of around 13 came into the office with a bunny in his arms.
I'm so used to people coming up the stairs thinking we are the vets that i said the vets was downstairs and opened at 4.30pm.
He then proceeded to tell me he had found the bunny on his way home from school on the field and that he didn't know what to do. At this point i was up like a shot from my desk!

He's a Black and White Rex with one blue eye and one brown! Easy to handle and around 6 month old. Happy, clean and healthy! Gorgeous!!

I hunted around the office for a box we could put him in until the vets opened and have him checked out and report him as found.

The boy said he couldn't wait around cos his tea would b ready (bless) but gave the bun a little cuddle before he left him with me. I told the lad that he should be proud of himself and that he had most probably saved the buns life!

The Vet checked him over and gave him a clean bill of health. They have put a poster up in the window and rang the other vets in the village to check if anyone had reported him as lost. Nothing.

I took him home with me last night and set him up in Whispy and Lill's previous cage. We have put him upstairs out of the way of them two, but Whispy can smell him on us and is going mental and acting up with Lil (trying to hump her constantly!).

I have made posters and am going to put them up in all local shops. post offices etc and have posted him on a few lost and found websites....(including this R U)

I really hope the little man's owner sees one of the above and can be reunited with the gorgeous little fella!!!! They must be really missing him. I wish i could post some pics to let you all see him.

Any suggestions about how else i can try to find his mammy/daddy??

Sinse he sounds a little unusaul (with odd colooured eyes) why don't you phone round all the vets in the area to see if any have records of him?
Will you be tempted to keep him if no-one claims him?

Yeah i think i will do that also. Have been out on my lunch hour to put more posters in windows..

Tempted, but i don't think we can... i really hope we can get him back with his owner

Are you in Whickham by any chance? Theres an office above our Whickham branch :D
What a nice lad, especially since kids can be awful these days. I'll have a look in the main branch lost and found and keep my ears peeled!

Back