• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Behaviour change after spay?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone noticed a negative change in behaviour after a spay?

Audrey was spayed over 6 weeks ago now I think and she has become more aggressive, which has suprised me to say the least.

Im sure she is not in pain or anything like that as she had her molars checked whilst under the GA and they were absolutely fine (shes never had a problem with them anyway) and her sore hocks are clearing up well, and she is eating/toileting as usual.

Maybe its the arrival of Rowan that has made her like this?? :?
Or the weather?? :? :?

Is she bonded?

Chocolate was awful when I first got her - immediately after spay. A year later & she became the loveliest bun once she had blokie, or 4 :lol:

Angie65 said:
Is she bonded?

Chocolate was awful when I first got her - immediately after spay. A year later & she became the loveliest bun once she had blokie, or 4 :lol:

:lol:

Yeah, she has been bonded with Rowan about 3- 4 weeks now.

She's always been a fiesty girl but quite friendly- likes head rubs etc, but just recently she keeps lunging and biting me and has even bitten poor Worm (cat) a few times, but I think that might be because sometimes Worm grooms her and obviously that means Audrey expects her to do it all the time and Worm doesnt want to :lol:

The other thing that has occured to me is that someone on here suggested I spray her with water when she chews the furniture, so maybe she is showing her anger at this? I'll stop for a couple of days to see if she gets any better.

My bunny got worse and then better when i got her spayed, maybe this is the case.

I did the water thing too, she just stamped her feet and continued being naughty, tut :roll: :lol:

So basically - you are wanting to know why your dripping wet bunny is getting upset with you while you pour a bucket of freezing cold water over her head :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Angie65 said:
So basically - you are wanting to know why your dripping wet bunny is getting upset with you while you pour a bucket of freezing cold water over her head :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know Ali had a problem with Bella for several weeks after her spay but she's coming round now, so hopefully Audrey will. I have to say that Pippa was 100% improved following her spay and has continued to settle down more.

kayjay said:
Angie65 said:

I know Ali had a problem with Bella for several weeks after her spay but she's coming round now, so hopefully Audrey will. I have to say that Pippa was 100% improved following her spay and has continued to settle down more.

Hi I did have a real problem with Bella, she's only just started to let me pick her up again, she would just sit in the corner of the hutch, and not let me near her, she wasnt aggresive, or anything like that, its just that she seemes so frightened, so I just let her come to me in her own time, she was spayed on the 24th August 2006,

No advice I'm afraid, but I did notice a change in Jessica after she was speyed. Before she was sooo friendly, jumping on my lap (weeing on me :roll: altho now I realise that was because she was marking me), she used to sit on behind me on my study chair for hours, and she was really inquisitive.

Now she doesn't jump up or anything, she only gets excited when she's got food, and I always have to go and find her for strokes.

I know getting her speyed was essential, cleaned up her toilet habits no end and now she's got her boyfriend, but I feel its a bit of a shame - her personality was so lovely before! :(

Angie65 said:

i just dont understand it, whats her problem? :lol:

Back