• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anybody want to come and do my hay rounds??

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
Cos i never want to touch the stuff again!!! :evil: :evil: Iwent to grab a handful for the piggies and now i have a nice, big thorn sticking out my finger :cry:

theres always nettles and stuff in my horse hay, the stuff i have for the rabbit and guineas is home done, finer nicer hay, so its usually just grasses.

I hate it when there are thorns in the hay, but better that than what I found in my hay ages ago, there was a rabbits tail in my timothy hay, poor thing must have got caught in the baler :(

I often get thistle thorns in my thumbs when dishing out the hay, and I've now got to wear gloves as I've started to get a very bad reaction to the irritant in them :( ..Last time my thumb went purple and swelled up :shock:

awww hope your finger gets better - I just get mice in mine!!! .... have them in the garage :evil: and tthey make holes in the bags and then all the hay and straw ends up on the garage floor.

Back