• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies are addictive!

Just pondering if anyone else feels like this;

I got Jessica for my bday - she has been the BESTEST present i've ever had in my whole life! I got Jasper from a rescue to be her friend - I LOVE them soooo much!

I've been asked what I want for xmas, and I can't think of anything to top my bday pressie.

I know I shouldn't really get another bunny, I don't think we have room for another and Jess and Jasper are so happy - and I do enough cleaning after them as it is. Also Jessica was a flipping nightmare trying to bond her with Jasper - I just haven't got the room or the manpower to bond both of them with another bun.

I've stopped looking on rabbit rehome now - as its just dangerous!

Just wondered if anyone else feels the same and have 'given in' as it were! Lol!

Small orange giraffe said:
Just pondering if anyone else feels like this;

I got Jessica for my bday - she has been the BESTEST present i've ever had in my whole life! I got Jasper from a rescue to be her friend - I LOVE them soooo much!

I've been asked what I want for xmas, and I can't think of anything to top my bday pressie.

I know I shouldn't really get another bunny, I don't think we have room for another and Jess and Jasper are so happy - and I do enough cleaning after them as it is. Also Jessica was a flipping nightmare trying to bond her with Jasper - I just haven't got the room or the manpower to bond both of them with another bun.

OMG I know exactly what you mean! My hubby bought Bundle for me as a Valentine's day prezzie in 2004 and she was without doubt the best present I've ever had. :D He hasn't been able to top it since even with expensive diamonds :shock: :lol: :shock: I could quite easily have loads more but until I've got loads more space will have to leave it at 2 for now. Watch this space............ :lol: :lol:

I've stopped looking on rabbit rehome now - as its just dangerous!

Just wondered if anyone else feels the same and have 'given in' as it were! Lol!

dunno what happened to my post there :? it kind of got linked in with yours! :lol: :lol:

OMG I know exactly what you mean! My hubby bought Bundle for me as a Valentine's day prezzie in 2004 and she was without doubt the best present I've ever had. He hasn't been able to top it since even with expensive diamonds :shock: :lol: I could quite easily have loads more but until I've got loads more space will have to leave it at 2 for now. Watch this space............

I know if I had the time and the room I'd have more but sadly I have neither :( . But, it means I spend more time effort and MONEY MONEY MONEY on my current dudes. :D

Well I actually do have the room - as the buns free range the house and garden and sleep in the kitchen at night (not in a cage).

They do have a hutch outside but thats just to play in, could always get a bigger one if I wanted them to live outside in the summer.

I'm just trying to be sensible and not have any more animals! But like you my boyfy hasn't managed to top this years bday pressie and I doubt he ever will!

Also there's this poor, fluffy bunny in my local pet shop - he's been there since July, but nobody wants him cos he has a very sensitive tummy. I feel so sorry for him couped up in his little cage. But I know I couldn't have him, as my buns have lots of choice what to eat and it wouldn't be fair. Oh I do feel for him tho....

I would like two pairs of two!! Not too much really, but I know I can't until I own my own house (which feels like it will be sometime never) at the moment.

Well, before I joined RU I had one bun, I now have 6 :oops:

Go for it if you have the time and money for them :D If worried about bonding you could always get another 2 and have 2 pairs ;) Hehe.

Don't listen to me... be sensible! :lol:

I've got 2 at the mo but am looking for another 2! I blame the forum by tempting me so much!! I can't wait to get some more bunnies. :love: :love:

I want a house bunny too but at the moment my fella won't let me :cry:

xEMMAx said:
Well, before I joined RU I had one bun, I now have 6 :oops:

Go for it if you have the time and money for them :D If worried about bonding you could always get another 2 and have 2 pairs ;) Hehe.

Don't listen to me... be sensible! :lol:

Random but OMG your Teddy bunny looks exactly like Lillie!!! Check it out :0)

I got Rosie for Christmas last year. My boyfriend new I loved buns and had always had them as a child and I put one on my Santa list expecting a toy bunny and I got home after work to find this baby bunny on the sofa!! He really didn't think it out though as she had nowhere to sleep - just her food so the next day we had to get her a hutch. She was from P@H - sorry this was before I joined RU. Since then the've multiplied and we now have four more - all rescues this time. The addiction has also spread to my mum and dad - they now have two rescue buns!!

I know exactly what you mean! :lol:

I remember when my first bun, Vincent (a six year old rescue) arrived. I had considered getting a rabbit for ages and when my sister suggested I rehome one that had been taken to her friend's rescue, I agreed. When I went to pick him up though I was utterly shocked, because the bedragged, matted, sorry looking bunny before me was nothing like the cute fluffy bunny I had imagined in my mind previously. A few weeks of LOTS of TLC and patience (he was terrified and horribly, horribly matted) and Vince started to look like a rabbit again. I absolutely adored him and was devastated when he died just a few weeks later under anaethestic. Jacob arrived about a fortnight later, because even then I had already realised just how much I missed having a bunny friend.

Right now I'm sooo 'bunny broody' :lol:, I just want to rehome every bun I see :oops: I'd love another long haired bun, simply because I enjoyed spending so much time grooming and caring for Vince (it took at least 40mins every night to comb him!), but common sense tells me it's not practical, especially with Jacob being an outdoor bun! :(

I only really have room for one more bun, a companion for Jacob-the-girl. It's soooo difficult to check my feelings in check though and not rush to rehome every free-ad bun, or bun that needs rehoming via a rescue :(

Oh for a huge garden, loads of giant hutches, no job and LOTS of money! :lol:

Lol @ xEMMAx - norty!

I'd love to have another pair, but as mine are free range, I couldn't imagine having another one kept seperate or outside even (no offence to anyone, its just that I hate the cold sooo much, I just couldn't bear for my babies to be outside in the winter!)

Now if I could train them to poo & wee in their litter trays and only have one (instead of 3 trays :roll: ) then I'd be very very very tempted indeed!

The hoovering every morning is a bit much - lucky I work from home!

But then the devil side of me is saying: well if your hoovering anyway, whats another bun!!!

Nooo must not give in ... must not ....

awww they are sooo adictive!!

I didnt know how great they are before we got malibu. I love my bunnies so much :D

And will probably be getting another little boy soon to join malibu :D

Back