• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you get your greens?

Isabel

Warren Veteran
Ever since I got Barney and ROxy I always keep my eye out for spring greens. I haven't found any anywhere. To be honest I don't really know what I am looking for but have scoured most veg departments with no luck.
Is it generally a hard to get hold of thing? Is it the wrong season? Am I veg blind?

I had this trouble too!!! Didnt know what I was looking for - then one day by chance I just found them!!!!

Trouble is Pickle doesnt really like them after all that!!! Not sure what is the next best thing to feed him really so at the moment he eats carrots, cabbage, brocolli, apple and grapes.

(know fruit is not as good as veg but he prefers fruit)

I get mine from all over, Asda, Morrisons, Tesco, local market, so I'm sure you're seeing them but not seeing them!

They're sometimes called greens or spring greens and are sold in the veg bit usually in plastic bags.

I get mine in tescos, they always seem to have them in.

I work near tescos so could get you some for thursday?

mandy said:

woo hoo that would be great, which Tescos?. BTW haven't heard back from boarding place yet but have just emailed again. I'll pm you when I hear anything. :D

IsabelM said:
mandy said:

woo hoo that would be great, which Tescos?. BTW haven't heard back from boarding place yet but have just emailed again. I'll pm you when I hear anything. :D

cool, ok :)

edit: sorry, the tesco superstore in Carlton.

i get mine from a fruit & veg stall on barnsley market (my mum works there so i get it really cheap)- they can be bought all year round although i think they are nicer in the colder months - try your local market as they are much cheaper and usually better quality (taste not looks!)

failing that you can get them in any supermarket most of the year round although sometimes not in summer - but its definitely spring greens season now

I got some from Budgens last week - they were really nice too + lasted ages! I find the ones from Morrisons go yellow really quickly!

Back